Moving to Oz

Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

rob wells1 has a spectacular aura aboutrob wells1 has a spectacular aura aboutrob wells1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Moving to Oz

Me and my wife are looking to get out of this hell hole called England, we have recently been the subject of a road rage attack by 3 "men" with metal bars, we want to get out of this country, just a couple of things, 1. how easy is it to relocate to Oz, & 2. my wife would be deverstated if we couldn't take our dog with us, so could we bring her as well?
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:02 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Oz

Originally Posted by rob wells1
Me and my wife are looking to get out of this hell hole called England, we have recently been the subject of a road rage attack by 3 "men" with metal bars, we want to get out of this country, just a couple of things, 1. how easy is it to relocate to Oz, & 2. my wife would be deverstated if we couldn't take our dog with us, so could we bring her as well?
It's easy enough if you meet the criteria and yes you can take the dogs (most breeds accepted) but for two you're talking about £2500-3500 for teh pair.

Here's a starting place. http://www.immi.gov.au/

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

rob wells1 has a spectacular aura aboutrob wells1 has a spectacular aura aboutrob wells1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Stitch
It's easy enough if you meet the criteria and yes you can take the dogs (most breeds accepted) but for two you're talking about £2500-3500 for teh pair.

Cheers

Ginny

Thank you
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:10 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Im sorry for what has happened recently to you and your wife.

Have you been to Australia before? Always worth spending time to see different parts of it if finances allow.

How the law stands in Australia on these types of incidents I don't know.

But its worth checking because if crime is dealt with in a better way than in the UK then its worth keeping that in mind.

If you are going to move there and the penalties for crime are softer than that of the UK, you might find yourself resenting your new country.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Might be worth getting some advice from one of the agents on here, George Lombard is good. Check in the Australian Migration forum.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:20 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch

Cheers

Ginny
Or, you could off set the cost of taking your dogs, by leaving the wife in England.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Or, you could off set the cost of taking your dogs, by leaving the wife in England.
More than my life is worth only one dog to take though
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

More than my life is worth only one dog to take though
Rob

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, been in a similar situation myself.....diffused nicely once I stepped out of the Fiat Cinquecento I was driving and the tosser realised I wasn't some little pussy to be pushed around

Anyway, I seriously doubt that by moving to Oz you will escape this kind of behaviour, pretty certain it happens everywhere!

I recommend you firstly speak to a migration agent, they all offer free consultations and will give you an honest appraisal of your chances and how best to approach your application. Word of advice here, do shop around - not ALL of them actually know what they are talking about! Ask Q's on here, many many people will give you their recomendations!

As for the dog, we have a Boxer which will be coming out to join us in a couple of years time with C's parents.....budget a couple of grand for this and bear in mind they have to spend a period of time in Quarantine upon arrival! (Think its 3 months though dont quote me).

Lastly, do you research!!!!!!!!!

Lose the rose tinted specs and see Oz for what it really is! Only then will you have a better idea of what you want from life!

Good luck guys!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 6:12 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Moving to Oz

Sorry to hear of your ordeal.

www.immi.gov.au can start you off in the right direction and then an agent would be best to advise what sort of visa etc if you find trawling through the immigration site a bind!

Dogs are easy....cost about 2.5K and 30 days in quarantine when he gets there. A shipper has organised ours....quite straightforward they give you detailed instruction on what to do and when with regards to vaccination timings, blood tests etc.

Good luck

Rachel