Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

moving from NZ to Aus

moving from NZ to Aus

Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

maysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura about
Default moving from NZ to Aus

Hi

This is my first time on this forum so please be gentle with me...

I emigrated to NZ in Jan 2006 with my wife and kids. My wife has now indicated that she would like to look at moving to Aus so i thought i would ask a few questions on here and hope someone can help.

We have our perm residence in NZ but not citizenship so does this mean that we have to apply to move to Aus, get police checks, medicals etc and if so how long does this process take?

My wife is a primary school teacher and I am a production supervisor but have a mechanical engineering qualification. In the uk i was the engineering site manager working in a large operations team for GSK pharmaceuticals.

The area we are possibly looking at is the sunshine coast.

Any help or advise would be great.

Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving from NZ to Aus

Originally Posted by maysie
Hi

I emigrated to NZ in Jan 2006 with my wife and kids. My wife has now indicated that she would like to look at moving to Aus so i thought i would ask a few questions on here and hope someone can help.

We have our perm residence in NZ but not citizenship so does this mean that we have to apply to move to Aus, get police checks, medicals etc and if so how long does this process take?
Your NZ permanent residence is not accepted by Australia so you must apply from scratch. Start at http://www.immi.gov.au

You would be recommended to get your (NZ) indefinite returning resident visas as soon as eligible.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:18 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Another refugee joining the trans-tasman exodus!

Wages on the sunshine coast are considered to be much lower than a lot of Australia, search on the forum to find more info on this. The lifestyle of course would go hand in hand with living in a holiday area,if that's what you want.

Buzzy
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:38 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maysie
Hi

My wife is a primary school teacher and I am a production supervisor but have a mechanical engineering qualification. In the uk i was the engineering site manager working in a large operations team for GSK pharmaceuticals.

The area we are possibly looking at is the sunshine coast.

Any help or advise would be great.

Thanks

Wish you luck mate.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:39 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

I saw on the news here in Tassy about a shortage of teachers in WA and Tassy i think they said. After being in NZ and now in Oz (Tassy) i can honestly say there is a big difference. Seems a better standard of living, more frindly too. Not been up to the mainland yet (apart from landing at Melbourne) Apply and see what happens. But you do hear a lot on TV how there sre many shortages of skilled people. Good luck.