Moving NZ to AU

Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice
Default Moving NZ to AU

Greetings fellow travellers and thanks for all the useful information so far

Having finally been granted our Australian PR visa we are in the process of arranging the move from Auckland to Melbourne

What concerns us is moving our belongings, as we had an "Allied Picking" dissaster when we moved to Auckland from Glasgow 8 years ago and we will never use them again - they certainly picked over our stuff!

Does anyone have experience of moving from New Zealand who can recommend a shipping company that operates down here?
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:21 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving NZ to AU

Originally Posted by extrameant

Having finally been granted our Australian PR visa we are in the process of arranging the move from Auckland to Melbourne

What concerns us is moving our belongings, as we had an "Allied Picking" dissaster when we moved to Auckland from Glasgow 8 years ago and we will never use them again - they certainly picked over our stuff!

Does anyone have experience of moving from New Zealand who can recommend a shipping company that operates down here?
I think TNT (Thomas Nationwide Transport) do international moving of household goods and would have a base in Auckland. They have been around for decades, and therefore not a shonky outfit.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

do NOT use Euro Pacific. We did when we moved from Auckland to Adelaide and they were dreadful.
Guys that came round were miserable and rude, then were had paid for house cleaners to come in to make the place sparkling as my friend was moving in to rent it off the guy who bought the house from us...they charged us $150 and when my friend went round to see what they had done there were 2 teenagers smoking dope in the garden and they handt even wiped the window ledges!!...poor woman ended up doing it herself
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming you've not got NZ citizenship (which would have made things a lot easier) you ought to make a point of applying for an indefinite Resident Return Visa from NZ which will help you return later. You're unlikely to need it but you never know.

I'd suggest you don't wait 8 years to take out Australian citizenship.

Jeremy
Old Mar 21st 2005, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice

Thanks for your replies. Its hard to know what to do without any recommendations. One recomendation I have had was NZ van lines, which turns out, are owned by anglo pafetic, which don't seem to get a good name on here. My guess is that you need a bit of luck with them all.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

When I moved from Auckland to Brisbane I used The Moving Company as this was the company that handled the NZ end of my move to NZ innitially.

There price was very good and I had no problems even though it was only half a container. Mind you this was 5 years and 12 years ago.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:09 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies. Its hard to know what to do without any recommendations. One recomendation I have had was NZ van lines, which turns out, are owned by anglo pafetic, which don't seem to get a good name on here. My guess is that you need a bit of luck with them all.
My family used van lines back in the 70's for a move within NZ. Had problems with things going missing. Could happen with any company at any time though I spose.