Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Noosa with our cat

Moving to Noosa with our cat

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 11:34 am
Just Joined

springsurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Noosa with our cat

Not sure if we should be bringing our cat to Noosa from the UK early next year. I have read some info re restricting your cats at night etc.. on the local government website and was wondering if anyone has any experiences or advise they could share.. thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Noosa with our cat

Not really sure what you are looking for, loads of people bring their pets. We brought two cats, all good.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just at night. Your cat has to be kept on your property, ie within the garden/house. It also has to be registered annually

http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/...t-registration
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

lizasi is an unknown quantity at this point

We brought our cat over from the UK and she loved it....sadly she became ill so no longer with us.....but we have 2 cats now and they go in and out, come the summer they are out at night and in during the day. Believe me I see cats out all the time, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want to bring your cat I would....we even brought the dog!
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

springsurf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizasi
We brought our cat over from the UK and she loved it....sadly she became ill so no longer with us.....but we have 2 cats now and they go in and out, come the summer they are out at night and in during the day. Believe me I see cats out all the time, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want to bring your cat I would....we even brought the dog!
Thanks to all for the feedback, we'll see how it goes
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:24 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a cat please please either keep it indoors or in an outdoor cat run. They kill a huge number of native animals. I have no problem with responsible cat owners.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris955
If you have a cat please please either keep it indoors or in an outdoor cat run. They kill a huge number of native animals. I have no problem with responsible cat owners.
I would just like to point out that we are responsible pet owners! We just treat them the same as if we were still living in the UK....
Old Oct 4th 2013, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizasi
I would just like to point out that we are responsible pet owners! We just treat them the same as if we were still living in the UK....
Don't take any notice, Chris just doesn't like cats.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Don't take any notice, Chris just doesn't like cats.
Don't worry I don't!....and I think your right there...