Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is moving to New Zealand an Easy Way To Australia?

Is moving to New Zealand an Easy Way To Australia?

Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Andrew 18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is moving to New Zealand an Easy Way To Australia?

Hello everyone, my first time here,
I have a bit of a problem, As it stands i don't have the criteria to move to Australia (Job isn't in demand), but my job is in demand in New Zealand, but i don't really want to live in New Zealand for ever, i would like to move to Australia.

I have read that a lot of people are moving to New Zealand and gaining a citizenship there, and then moving to Australia under a Trans-Tasman aggreement. Is this a way into Australia and does it usually work?

Thank You
Andrew
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:49 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is moving to New Zealand an Easy Way To Australia?

Originally Posted by Andrew 18
Hello everyone, my first time here,
I have a bit of a problem, As it stands i don't have the criteria to move to Australia (Job isn't in demand), but my job is in demand in New Zealand, but i don't really want to live in New Zealand for ever, i would like to move to Australia.

I have read that a lot of people are moving to New Zealand and gaining a citizenship there, and then moving to Australia under a Trans-Tasman aggreement. Is this a way into Australia and does it usually work?

Thank You
Andrew
It takes 5 years of PR to get NZ citizenship, so if you are prepared to live in NZ for 5 years then it's a way in to Australia. Remember, NZ citizens do not get automatic PR in Australia although they can live here indefinitely.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:32 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

No.

If you're keen on Oz find a way to make it happen (maybe go for an employer sponsored visa or something) NZ is nothing like Australia.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Andrew 18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nerine
No.

If you're keen on Oz find a way to make it happen (maybe go for an employer sponsored visa or something) NZ is nothing like Australia.
I was thinking of using an Employer Sponsored Visa to get into Australia, but if that failed i could get in through New Zealand. 5 years for a citizenship is a long time. Thanks for the posts
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Andrew 18
I was thinking of using an Employer Sponsored Visa to get into Australia, but if that failed i could get in through New Zealand. 5 years for a citizenship is a long time. Thanks for the posts
Go to NZ, its much nicer than Oz