Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Melbourne from London... some questions...

Moving to Melbourne from London... some questions...

Old Dec 17th 2015, 4:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Melbourne from London... some questions...

Originally Posted by Geezer123
That's because any retard can make 100k in Perth. Not that 100k is really anything good
Speke for youself, I are not a retard
Old Dec 17th 2015, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Geezer123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Speke for youself, I are not a retard
Most people who immigrant to Perth, can't hack it in a real city lol
Old Dec 17th 2015, 4:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Most people who immigrant to Perth, can't hack it in a real city lol
Get over yourself turbo

I bet you feel like a Master of the Universe up there in CT - aka the land of smugness

What are you trying to achieve with this?
Old Dec 17th 2015, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 17th 2015, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Get over yourself turbo

I bet you feel like a Master of the Universe up there in CT - aka the land of smugness

What are you trying to achieve with this?

CT is good value for money, You won't pay 600-700k for a house in an area that is essentially a housing project like you will in Perth. But to come to America you need talent, not a low level skill like Perth, where intelligence and innovation gets f**ked over, sad but true
Old Dec 17th 2015, 4:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

CT is good value for money, You won't pay 600-700k for a house in an area that is essentially a housing project like you will in Perth. But to come to America you need talent, not a low level skill like Perth, where intelligence and innovation gets f**ked over, sad but true
No you don't, you just need to find an American, get buddy with them enough for them to agree to marry you. That doesn't take talent or skill.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 5:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

What do you consider to be a talent?
What do you consider to be a low level skill?

I'm very happy living in Perth

Again. what are you trying to achieve with this?

Last edited by Amazulu; Dec 17th 2015 at 5:14 am.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Went to a cafe in Scarbs today! saw a bunch of real estate agent retards acting like big shots. Such a dumb sh*t society dealing with people here. Saw a Perthinality in Subiaco in the arvo....that Blake guy from Batchelor...lol hanging out with some gronks lol then saw gangsta Kizon on as well. A hero in this city, despite murdering a few people.

Perth is lovely, But the people are nothing short of sub-human trash, well 90%

Bell Tower Times on Facebook is a good read for people thinking of migrating to Australia at large lol
Old Dec 17th 2015, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

What do you consider to be a talent?
What do you consider to be a low level skill?

I'm very happy living in Perth

Again. what are you trying to achieve with this?
Trash brands in this city pal. Nothing of note that could make it internationally lol.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 9:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Trash brands in this city pal. Nothing of note that could make it internationally lol.
Well you've just answered a whole load of.questions for me

Thanks
Old Dec 17th 2015, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Well you've just answered a whole load of.questions for me

Thanks
Clearly taking the piss.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 12:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Clearly taking the piss.
Answered
Old Dec 17th 2015, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

lol how?
Old Dec 17th 2015, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Right guys,

Give it a break please. Don't really wanna close the thread, but will do so if need be.
Old Dec 18th 2015, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
Tell that to Melbournites, they genuinely carry on as if it's the best city in the world for good, coffee, sport, lifestyle etc.

In truth it is excellent, and in many regards beats Uk and European cities hands down, including London. Far better and more accessible restaurant and cafe scene for example. It also has some excellent festivals, the Comedy Festival would only be bettered by Edinburgh IMO. Excellent arts and sports facilities and events - again up there with major world cities and beaten only by 1-2. Of course the Uk is very different as you can have access to so much more due to its small size.

But yes, it lacks that X factor that world cities have, maybe because it's very parochial at times, or lacks any real tourist attractions or icons. It's also not a particularly attractive city, in terms of architecture and geography. Sadly the town in planners have let the public down badly over the last decade or so.
Got to say I totally agree... a very fair and intelligent post.

One major point is missing.... Where in the world would you really find anywhere definitely better to live though ? Because I wouldn't have a clue... everywhere I know of has something missing in comparison.

I don't think Melbourne even considers the world X factor for Cities these days.... Which is one major difference between it and Sydney. Recently (last 10 years or so) it's also lost that cultural cringe question that used to show up Australians insecurities, You don't hear people asking visitors everywhere anymore .... "What do you think of it here" They now know for absolute certain that it's one of the best places to live in the world. After that kind of self assurance it doesn't matter what anyone says anymore.

Got to say 3 weeks into my visit to the UK and the homesickness for Melbourne is starting to well and truly kick in.... I've had a big enough dose of nostalgia.... take me home.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 18th 2015 at 8:06 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.