Reload this Page >

Moving to Melbourne on 457 Visa

Moving to Melbourne on 457 Visa

Old Aug 6th 2015, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

rayofhope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Melbourne on 457 Visa

Hello all,

Sorry, I am not british but came across this site while looking for information on migration to Australia. I am an Indian, living in France. My husband has just accepted an offer from Melbourne based Company. So, we will be relocating soon, hopefully in October

I am happy as well as nerve wrecked. I have two school going kids and as you can see, we are shifting towards the end of school year. Will you be kind enough to tell me if it will cause any problem in their school admissions? Also, since born and brought up here in France, their English is far from perfect. They are perfect French speakers though

Do we have to pay school fees for our kids?

Do any of you know about good primary schools in Melbourne. I know Melbourne is very big but we intend to find a residence near to our kids school.

Honestly, I dont even know where to start so dont have any other questions. Will we even be able to make a move at such a short notice? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Best Regards
Old Aug 7th 2015, 1:00 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Melbourne on 457 Visa

Originally Posted by rayofhope
Hello all,

Sorry, I am not british but came across this site while looking for information on migration to Australia. I am an Indian, living in France. My husband has just accepted an offer from Melbourne based Company. So, we will be relocating soon, hopefully in October http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ima...erscrossed.gifhttp://www.expatforum.com/expats/ima...lies/smile.gif

I am happy as well as nerve wrecked. I have two school going kids and as you can see, we are shifting towards the end of school year. Will you be kind enough to tell me if it will cause any problem in their school admissions? Also, since born and brought up here in France, their English is far from perfect. They are perfect French speakers though http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ima...ilies/wink.gif

Do we have to pay school fees for our kids?

Do any of you know about good primary schools in Melbourne. I know Melbourne is very big but we intend to find a residence near to our kids school.

Honestly, I dont even know where to start so dont have any other questions. Will we even be able to make a move at such a short notice? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Best Regards
Hi, can't help with your questions but just wanted to say
Old Aug 7th 2015, 3:06 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Might be worth finding out where your husband's work place is as traffic can be slow/painful from what I understand - there will likely be very good schools within a reasonable commute.

457 visas can be granted very quickly (depending on the approval status of the sponsoring company) - sometimes in days.

Best of luck.
Old Aug 7th 2015, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot goldchoccycoin

I am so relieved.

Regards
Old Aug 7th 2015, 3:35 pm
Just Joined