Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Margate, Brisbane

Moving to Margate, Brisbane

Old May 1st 2010, 11:05 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Margate, Brisbane

Originally Posted by fish.01
Aren't they still to open the two bridges though? Six lanes each way should help throughput.
Gateway Bridge? Yes, but that will make sod all difference on the Northside of the Gateway. Currently you have the old gateway motorway section (2 lanes) and the new section (4 lanes) merging into 2 lanes at Nudgee at exactly the same spot. Recipe for disaster. The two bridges will just mean there is a massive bottleneck on the northside of the bridges.
Old May 1st 2010, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Gateway Bridge? Yes, but that will make sod all difference on the Northside of the Gateway. Currently you have the old gateway motorway section (2 lanes) and the new section (4 lanes) merging into 2 lanes at Nudgee at exactly the same spot. Recipe for disaster. The two bridges will just mean there is a massive bottleneck on the northside of the bridges.
Yeah looks like the nudgee to bruce section is a separate project starting afterwards.
Old May 1st 2010, 9:53 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah looks like the nudgee to bruce section is a separate project starting afterwards.
have you seen details of this project. To date I haven't seen any sign at all yet of any plans for the northside (bar the airport link work). I'd love it if they did actually have a plan, it's driving me nuts at the moment.
Old May 1st 2010, 10:14 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

And, as we know, nobody born in SEQ can merge so cue regular traffic incident reports ...
Old May 2nd 2010, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

have you seen details of this project. To date I haven't seen any sign at all yet of any plans for the northside (bar the airport link work). I'd love it if they did actually have a plan, it's driving me nuts at the moment.
Still in the planning/funding stage: http://www.mainroads.qld.gov.au/en/P...ing-study.aspx
Old May 2nd 2010, 11:46 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Still in the planning/funding stage: http://www.mainroads.qld.gov.au/en/P...ing-study.aspx
Thanks for that, I will keep my eyes firmly peeled on that one
Old May 2nd 2010, 1:13 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I couldn't live there ... I'd be missing Bembom Brothers Amusement Park ...

Seriously, if I wasn't living here then I'd be living there
You wouldn't be missing much then. It hasn't been there for years now and it went back to being Dreamland before it closed. I believe the scenic railway is still there. Well, the bit that didn't burn down, anyway.
Old May 2nd 2010, 1:15 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Nobody can forget The Looping Star AND The Mary Rose surely?
Ah, such wonderful memories.......... not! lol
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:12 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chelle66
You wouldn't be missing much then. It hasn't been there for years now and it went back to being Dreamland before it closed. I believe the scenic railway is still there. Well, the bit that didn't burn down, anyway.
Ah, such wonderful memories.......... not! lol
Aw, don't be so harsh ... the sound of loose change falling out of Chav's pockets is a marvellous thing ...
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

The Train once again is the main thing Redcliffe area that will make a differance. They should just go ahead and do the Petrie link so people have another option to the car.
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:34 am
Chelle66

Aw, don't be so harsh ... the sound of loose change falling out of Chav's pockets is a marvellous thing ...
Lol, my brother used to work on the Mary Rose. The stuff he got from pockets being emptied as it turned upside down was amazing.
Old May 3rd 2010, 3:25 am
Mostly Harmless

Lol, my brother used to work on the Mary Rose. The stuff he got from pockets being emptied as it turned upside down was amazing.
What is known in business circles as "Good turnover" I think.

I'll stop now ... I used to take the train from Chatham to Margate with some mates every school holiday, we'd spend the whole day high on junk food and Looping Star sickness.

Fish and chips were the order of the day, obviously

If money was tight we'd head to Leysdown or Sheerness <shudder>.
Old May 3rd 2010, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Originally Posted by 171967
We are moving to the Margate/Redcliffe area in July of this year and wondered if anyone had any comments with regard to the area and tips to make the move easier (I can live in hope!) My 8 year old will be starting school as soon as we arrive and I will be looking for work as a Kindergarten Teacher/Childcare coordinator. Many thanks
Nice choice the peninsula has alot to offer and is not overcrowded.
Old May 5th 2010, 8:59 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Nice choice the peninsula has alot to offer and is not overcrowded.
except the lagoon
Old May 5th 2010, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

except the lagoon
But that's cause they have a nice free lagoon not far behind the Southbank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.