Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Hervey Bay -Advice Please...

Moving to Hervey Bay -Advice Please...

Old Jun 9th 2013, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

migrant222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Hervey Bay -Advice Please...

Hi,

I am moving to hervey bay from NSW in August.
My employer is providing us accommodation for 4 weeks and I am planning to
rent a property after that.
I want some advice regarding good suburbs with ADSL internet access and
Good interstate removalists.

Many Thanks!!!

Kind Regards,

John
Old Jun 11th 2013, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Cumberland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Hervey Bay -Advice Please...

Last time I was there, there were bats (flying foxes) everywhere!!! I know that's not much help...
Old Jun 12th 2013, 12:28 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by migrant222
Hi,

I am moving to hervey bay from NSW in August.
My employer is providing us accommodation for 4 weeks and I am planning to
rent a property after that.
I want some advice regarding good suburbs with ADSL internet access and
Good interstate removalists.

Many Thanks!!!

Kind Regards,

John
Suburbs..... Pialba, Scarness, Urangan, Point Vernon and Torquay (no Fawlty Towers in sight). These are the traditional suburbs, others created in the last few decades. http://queenslandplaces.com.au/node/4854
Old Jun 12th 2013, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Definitely go with ADSL and not mobile Wifi. We lived there for 3 years, preferred the out of town areas like Toogoom, Dundowran Beach, bit of a drive into "town" but nicer areas. We lived in Urangan, Point Vernon, Toogoom and Dundowran Beach Flying foxes are a problem, huge population of them in town. Beaches are lovely, can be quiet there, we moved because full time jobs are very hard to come by with it being a holiday/retirement place. We moved from there to Melbourne and used a removalist in Maryborough, not sure if they pass NSW on the way up and down....they looked after our stuff, however they don't look the part, but like I said they're from Maryborough!
http://www.tinanaremovals.com.au/
Good Luck
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Morning, Im in the Bay, been here 6 years now. Hervey bay is actually becoming one big suburb, and all areas have nice and not so nice streets there. Best thing is to drive around the whole area, wont take you long!!!!
Ref the bats, yes there are plenty but are not an real problem unless you live by where they nest in Pialba on the esplanade. We live in Scarness, 5 mins walk from the beach and they have never been a problem, in fact I actually think its a good thing, quite a spectacle at night when they all fly over.
Give me a shout if I can help in anyway.
Angela