British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Moving from the Gold Coast to Sydney... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/moving-gold-coast-sydney-660477/)

autorock Mar 21st 2010 10:23 pm

Moving from the Gold Coast to Sydney...

Just wondering if anyone knows a reliable removal firm to move a 20" container worth of stuff to Sydney from the Gold Coast.

We moved out from London 10 months ago and have LOVED life here in Queensland but had a one week holiday in Sydney last week and have decided that we want to move there (we live there before for 3.5 years).

We were caught quite by surprise as the trip was not intended to be a reconnaissance mission!

Also, any suggestions for a suitable area to rent a 3 bed house (we have two young kids) with yard (even if small) would be welcome!

Thx,

rock.

ABCDiamond Mar 22nd 2010 12:35 am

Re: Moving from the Gold Coast to Sydney...

I had a holiday in Sydney once, and moved there... I now live in QLD :lol: :thumbup:

What part of Sydney were you living in before, and are you thinking of the same area again ?

autorock Mar 22nd 2010 12:53 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond (Post 8437516)
I had a holiday in Sydney once, and moved there... I now live in QLD :lol: :thumbup:

What part of Sydney were you living in before, and are you thinking of the same area again ?

Problem is having too many good choices eh!

We still love it here but just want more city buzz. Sydney is a good mix of nice weather, beaches, natural spaces and city buzz....

We lived in: Ultimo, redfern, leichhardt

This time we want a bit more of a family without being too far out..

Where in Qld are you?!?

paddyo Mar 22nd 2010 2:12 am

Originally Posted by autorock (Post 8437535)

We still love it here but just want more city buzz. Sydney is a good mix of nice weather, beaches, natural spaces and city buzz....

Where in Qld are you?!?

Burwood is nice.

ABCDiamond Mar 22nd 2010 8:44 am

Originally Posted by autorock (Post 8437535)

Where in Qld are you?!?

I started off in Leichhardt, used to walk in to the City for fun ... :o
Did some work in Ultimo for a while.

But never could stay in one place for long, moved out to the west to buy a house. Houses in the City were too expensive back in the 80's...

Came up to Brisbane Bayside and settled. Nice and quiet.