Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to the Gold Coast

Moving to the Gold Coast

Old May 28th 2010, 6:01 am
Just Joined

kms294 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the Gold Coast

I am planning on moving to the gold coast in october. I lived in Perth for just over a year when i was on my working holiday visa with my boyfriend (he is australian) who I first met 4 months into my travel. I went on to get a 2nd yr holiday and we lived together in perth for just over a year. Now im back in th UK due the visa expiring and he has moved to the gold coast for his work. We are currently looking into the de facto visa. Does anyone have any advise about living on the gold coast, is there much work around etc? When I was living in Perth at times I did find it difficult being away from friends and family. And was out of work for a few months which didnt help. But when I was in work I made loads of friends and enjoyed my time there. My boyfriend has really settled on the Gold coast and has said I will settle in fine. But as I will be moving on my own and knowing only him there Im a bit nervous... (and nervous about missing family and friends... although we do have skype these days which will make things easier. And I will have a trip home next year for a wedding)Im Hoping I'll find work to settle straight away.
His job is contracted until the end of 2012 so after then we might stay on the gold coast or have to move for his work...
Old May 28th 2010, 6:40 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the Gold Coast

What kind of work will you be looking for?
Old May 28th 2010, 6:51 am
Just Joined

kms294 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by bcworld
What kind of work will you be looking for?
I usually work in a office, doing admin/customer service. I wouldnt mind working in retail/cafes etc though.