Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Coogee?

Moving to Coogee?

Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Coogee?

Originally Posted by Coogee Rocks
Sounds like you live near me! I actauly have grown to enjoy the walk up the hill - good for the legs!

We have a view of the sea and of Wedding Cake Island hence - Coogee Rocks.
Great name! Wish I'd thought of it.

We're on the northern side of the valley and look towards South Coogee. Can't see Wedding Cake Island from here, just the water (about 3 miles out) over the roof tops. (Didn't say I had a beach view - just a water one!) I can just make out the MacDonalds sign down in Arden Street from where I sit now but that's the limit of my beach view. Mind you - if only something nasty could happen to the house opposite us, it would improve it no end.

I do a lot of walking around the place. But it doesn't matter which direction I head off it - there's always an uphill stretch to get home unfortunately!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 8:23 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

have any of u lot noticed how many RATS run about Coogee Beach at night
i nearly shit myself the first time i saw them.
is it the same with the other beaches?
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
have any of u lot noticed how many RATS run about Coogee Beach at night
i nearly shit myself the first time i saw them.
is it the same with the other beaches?
Cockroaches too. Walk along any street near the beach and you see them scuttling across the footpaths - particularly at this time of year.

Bronte always had a lot of cockroaches, too.

We had a rat's nest once in between our garden and the neighbours. The fence at that time was just bits of old fibro leaning against each other. The rats had made a cosy little home in a gap there and every night had a regular run along the top of the fences and around our neighbours roof top. We were told they were native rats (as opposed to horrible European rats) so they didn't feel quite so bad somehow!

Anyway the Ratsac got them in the end.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:13 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
Cockroaches too. Walk along any street near the beach and you see them scuttling across the footpaths - particularly at this time of year.

Bronte always had a lot of cockroaches, too.

We had a rat's nest once in between our garden and the neighbours. The fence at that time was just bits of old fibro leaning against each other. The rats had made a cosy little home in a gap there and every night had a regular run along the top of the fences and around our neighbours roof top. We were told they were native rats (as opposed to horrible European rats) so they didn't feel quite so bad somehow!

Anyway the Ratsac got them in the end.
ill buy some in the morn. we have one in the garden too.
i still love walking along coogee at night. i like marouba beach better though, but only in the day. its just too quiet at night.