Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Caloundra/Moffat beach? Any help out there?

Moving to Caloundra/Moffat beach? Any help out there?

Old Oct 12th 2013, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Noche is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Caloundra/Moffat beach? Any help out there?

Hi

My husband has been offered a job in Moffat Beach and just wondering if anyone can help me with info and/or suggestions.

Areas to live near the beach
Good primary and high school. (With good support services for high functioning autism)

The company will put us up for a couple of months so will look around when we get there - just hoping to get a bit of advice and background info.

Can anyone help?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to Caloundra/Moffat beach? Any help out there?

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

We live about 5 mins drive from Moffat Beach and it is one of most favourtie places on the coast.

A lovely beach and very family orientated area with a few cafes and park area by the beach. Very popular at weekends with lots of bbqs areas plus a couple of takeaway fish and chip bars. Other good beaches such as Dicky Beach and Kings Beach within walking distance.

In our opinion its a great place to bring up children - how old are yours. we have one at private school and one at state - both doing well.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Good luck!
Jo

Last edited by joeyb; Oct 14th 2013 at 11:53 am. Reason: sentence incorrect
Old Oct 14th 2013, 12:41 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

First things first, have you got a visa as autism may put a stop to passing medical? Job offer is fine but everything else, including suburbs and schools are a moot point without a visa...
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi - we're Australian Citizens - we spent 10 years in Mandurah, WA and the kids were both born there so no problems regarding visas etc.

We came back to UK three years ago due to family here - just need to renew our passports and we're ready to go.

Thanks for replying.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi Joeyb

Thanks for your reply.
I have two boys - 10 (nearly 11) and 8 (nearly 9).

Can I send you a PM for some more advice re schools etc. Assume you wouldn't want to give too much info on here?

Thanks
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:08 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, just wanted to check as many times the visa issue puts stop to things. Can't help wit your questions though but wishing you all the best with the job and move!
Old Oct 14th 2013, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noche
Hi Joeyb

Thanks for your reply.
I have two boys - 10 (nearly 11) and 8 (nearly 9).

Can I send you a PM for some more advice re schools etc. Assume you wouldn't want to give too much info on here?

Thanks
Yes, send me a PM. I will be glad to help where I can.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Don't live there but holiday there as often as I can. Never get tired of the beach or beautiful Currumundi Lake. A lovely place to bring up kids!
Old Oct 20th 2013, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

neilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noche
Hi - we're Australian Citizens - we spent 10 years in Mandurah, WA and the kids were both born there so no problems regarding visas etc.

We came back to UK three years ago due to family here - just need to renew our passports and we're ready to go.

Thanks for replying.
Hi there,

sorry to via away from your question altogether, I noticed you lived in mandurah and kids were there too. Me and my family, wife and wee boy 5 and wee girl 3 are in the final stages of immigration to WA. We are really drawn to mandurah, but no noone there, we have been looking at halls head, dudley park, greenfields lakelands ect for settling, as you have lived there for 10 years maybe you could give me some pointers on where is nice to settle with a young family, close to schools, shops and beaches? there is quite a few lets on ormsby terrace too we like, is this a nice area, or is there any areas we should avoid??? we are coming from scotland, and should be arriving mid january....any info would be greatly appreciated about areas, schools ect, anything you think may help... I am a wall and floor tiler, and as far as im led to beleive there is loads of work all around for my trade, i have friends up north in jundaloop, which we could go there and know people, but through research on the net and stuff we are drawn to mandurah, just looks beautiful, so for a young family, is it a good idea? or do you think we should take the easier route and head up north? thanks, neil