Reload this Page >

moving to Caloundra....

moving to Caloundra....

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

GazzaGeorgie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking moving to Caloundra....

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of leaving good ol' blighty for pastures new, I'm affraid to say UK aint what it used to be.....spending too much time in my car !!!!!

Anyone have any stories/views on Caloundra ? - we have been doing lots of research and this place seems...perfect for families/lifestyle (we have 2 small children 3 & 5)

We are going to sell up and hopefully (pending house sale) leave April 2004, the only downside it can take up to 12/15 months for skilled visas (just applied 2/10/03 !!)....so we are going to arrive with ETA's i believe we can stay for a maximum of 3 months before leaving and returning again....so this is our long awaited HOLIDAY !!!! yippeee in fact a 6/8 month holiday pending skilled visa's etc..
Has anyone done it this way round...ie. move before visa's issued??
I know nothing is certain regarding visa's etc, but what are the success rates???????? i pass on the points score, no police record, fit and healthy, 11 years in snr management roles...and the 100k aud to invest for a year...
any views would be appriciated

cheers
Gary & Georgie
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Lots of people on this site are planning on moving to the caloundra Area. We are leaving at the beginning of Jan and hope o settle there. Must meet up with you during your holiday and show you round. Hopefully we might be a bit settled by then.

It is a great area and there are still reasonably priced houses and stunning scenery nearby.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by tinaj
Lots of people on this site are planning on moving to the caloundra Area. We are leaving at the beginning of Jan and hope o settle there. Must meet up with you during your holiday and show you round. Hopefully we might be a bit settled by then.

It is a great area and there are still reasonably priced houses and stunning scenery nearby.
wow !! so you're still in uk now ? have you already got your visa's etc etc ?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We got our visas in May. They came through after 7 months, so you might not have to wait as long as you think!

Our house is sold and hopefully it should exchange in 2-3 weeks.

Lots of things to do before we move out. We decided to stay for Xmas as it would be an awful time to leave for our families.

Can't wait to get out there in January, I am looking forward to cooking in the heat.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by tinaj
We got our visas in May. They came through after 7 months, so you might not have to wait as long as you think!

Our house is sold and hopefully it should exchange in 2-3 weeks.

Lots of things to do before we move out. We decided to stay for Xmas as it would be an awful time to leave for our families.

Can't wait to get out there in January, I am looking forward to cooking in the heat.
Staying for Xmas is a good idea...i can imagine that will be our hardest bit.....taking our children away from grandparents...

7 months !!! are they skilled visas ? that's amazing, i've been told by our migration consultant at least 12 months...are you a nurse ? because my wife is but only a EN not RGN otherwise we could get them quicker.....
Are you renting when you land ?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

We applied for normal skilled independent last October, had the med and Police request in March! The longest bit was waiting for the Police checks to come back, they held it all up for about 5 weeks. Sent then back Mid May and visas were issued shortly afterwards. Not a nurse nor on the MODL list.

It is just luck really. Some people that applied around Jan/Feb this year got theirs by June! They always have a mad rush on then as it is their end of year and they have to get their numbers up.

Be prepared to make your holiday into a validation visit or leave for good if you can!