Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane Jan 09 - 12yr old son needs a friend

Moving to Brisbane Jan 09 - 12yr old son needs a friend

Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

MichPayne has a spectacular aura aboutMichPayne has a spectacular aura aboutMichPayne has a spectacular aura about
Default Moving to Brisbane Jan 09 - 12yr old son needs a friend

Hi

Is there anyone outhere who is moving to Brisbane around January with children of similar age???

We are moving to South Brisbane and have a 12yr old son who is worried about being new, going to a new school etc (probably Brisbane state high school), he is on facebook and beebo here in the UK.. Moving can be really tough at this age!

Cheers Mich
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

cheshirelass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Brisbane Jan 09 - 12yr old son needs a friend

Hi

We are currently living in Cleveland which is southeast of Brisbane, we have a son Ryan who will soon be 12. We have lived here only 5 weeks so as yet the kids (daughter 6) haven,t started school, Ryan is desperate to meet up with other boys.
Would be great if we could get together for a meet up.

This is the first time on this site so forgive me if I am a bit clumsy.

Hope to hear from you
Jan
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

MichPayne has a spectacular aura aboutMichPayne has a spectacular aura aboutMichPayne has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jan

Great to hear from you, how far away are you, were going to be living in Southbank for a while till we get sorted out properly. Do you like living in Brisbane, its just 5 days till we leave and its all getting a little stressful

Casey is 12 and he's looking forward to moving although Im worried about him not making friends for a while and his brothers are both grown men and staying in the UK for now anyway. I have a job at the Mater childrens hospital and my hubby Andy is in IT but doesnt have ajob there yet so thats a bit iof worry too. What do you do, did you come to brisbane via work? I have skype if your on there we can chat or I can give you my email addres if you like, it would be nice to chat

Michele
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

cheshirelass is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michel

We are here on a permanent residency visa through my husbands work which is automation engineering, he hasn't as yet found work (long story) but we are hopeful.
We were on the Southbank on New Years eve, great firework display, it is about 30mins away from us, not far if you fancy a meet up when you get here.
You must be very busy right now with only days to go before the big move, we wish you luck, Iam sure it will run smoothly!!
It would be great to get the boys together, I can understand your sons trepidation, Ryan was the same.

best wishes Jan
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

THanks Jan we'd love to meet up its hectic here just now and Im not sure I'll be ready on time but whatever I cant take stays :-) Glad your so positive about it, makes me feel much better, hopefully we'll see you very soon

Michele