Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane..daughter currently at grammar school

Moving to Brisbane..daughter currently at grammar school

Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Moving to Brisbane..daughter currently at grammar school

We are hoping to move to Brisbane in July. Our daughter is nearly 13 and will have just finished year 8 when we move. She is currently doing really well at Grammar school here so hope to keep her education going at a similar level. Can anyone who has moved there help with any suggestions for good state or fee paying schools. We don't want to keep her out of school for to long when we get there, so if we can start looking in the right areas now it would help.
Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Brisbane..daughter currently at grammar school

Originally Posted by TMRE
We are hoping to move to Brisbane in July. Our daughter is nearly 13 and will have just finished year 8 when we move. She is currently doing really well at Grammar school here so hope to keep her education going at a similar level. Can anyone who has moved there help with any suggestions for good state or fee paying schools. We don't want to keep her out of school for to long when we get there, so if we can start looking in the right areas now it would help.
Thanks
Brisbane Girls Grammar has a good reputation. http://www.bggs.qld.edu.au/ No idea what the fees are like though. A friend of mine in the UK was educated there and loved it. She's now moved back and managed to get her son in the Boys school and was over the moon about it.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Brisbane Girls Grammar has a good reputation. http://www.bggs.qld.edu.au/ No idea what the fees are like though. A friend of mine in the UK was educated there and loved it. She's now moved back and managed to get her son in the Boys school and was over the moon about it.
Thanks for that one! Know the ins and outs of all the schools in this area as our friend is a teacher. Got no idea what so ever about Australian schools and education. Going to have a very steep learning curve in the next few months!
Old Mar 7th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
Thanks for that one! Know the ins and outs of all the schools in this area as our friend is a teacher. Got no idea what so ever about Australian schools and education. Going to have a very steep learning curve in the next few months!
It's around $15k pa and I understand it's quite difficult to get into i.e. long waiting lists. MIL had my two down since birth (not 100% sure I'm sending them there yet though).