British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Moving to Brisbane? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/moving-brisbane-929543/)

ianbrown Nov 28th 2019 12:26 am

Moving to Brisbane?
 
Hello Everyone

Wow, I haven't been on this site for such a long time, and it is great to see a thriving community of people offering their help and support still. We made this journey ourselves back in 2008, and British Expats was a great site for us as we not only went through the skills assessment, visa application and medicals (wow I remember it so well) but also went on the journey with our fellow friends on the May 2008 VISA grants.

I know its daunting for you all going on this journey, the waiting for news is the worst part but it really is the best thing you could ever do for yourselves and your families, Brisbane is a beautiful city and I wish you all the very best on your journey through the process and finally making it here. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! I sincerely mean that!!.....please let me know if there is anything you need to know over on this side :)

our username back then was babyboo2101 if you would like to follow our journey through the process! , all the posts are still there :)

Regards
Ian Brown

<snip>

old.sparkles Nov 28th 2019 4:58 am

Re: Moving to Brisbane?
 
Welcome back to the forum - feel free to contact admin if you would like your accounts linked.

Please also have a look at the site rules - https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ - particularly regarding advertising, use of links, etc.

If you are a MARA agent, then you can include contact info in your signature.

christmasoompa Nov 28th 2019 6:24 am

Re: Moving to Brisbane?
 

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12770749)
Welcome back to the forum - feel free to contact admin if you would like your accounts linked.

Please also have a look at the site rules - https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ - particularly regarding advertising, use of links, etc.

If you are a MARA agent, then you can include contact info in your signature.

+1. And to add to this, please also re-read Site Rule 16, multiple usernames are not permitted. I’ll ask Admin to merge your accounts.

Now that we’ve got the dull stuff out of the way, welcome back to BE. Look forward to seeing your updates and advice for others around the forums. :)

PittwaterPrincess Nov 30th 2019 3:19 am

Re: Moving to Brisbane?
 

Originally Posted by ianbrown (Post 12770690)
Brisbane is a beautiful city

:)

I really like Brisbane.

I use to have a friend (lost touch) that lived in Kangaroo Point.

The only thing that puts me off, is the many many snakes on the Brisbane Snake Catchers Facebook page - far too many for my liking

:)



Pollyana Nov 30th 2019 2:34 pm

Re: Moving to Brisbane?
 

Originally Posted by PittwaterPrincess (Post 12771636)
:)

I really like Brisbane.

I use to have a friend (lost touch) that lived in Kangaroo Point.

The only thing that puts me off, is the many many snakes on the Brisbane Snake Catchers Facebook page - far too many for my liking

:)

16 years here :( and not seen a snake except a dead one on a road in remote Tassie

PittwaterPrincess Nov 30th 2019 10:37 pm

Re: Moving to Brisbane?
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12771882)
16 years here :( and not seen a snake except a dead one on a road in remote Tassie

I see them all the time in Sydney. But seems to be even more in Brisbane.

Pollyana Dec 1st 2019 6:28 am

Re: Moving to Brisbane?
 

Originally Posted by PittwaterPrincess (Post 12772035)
I see them all the time in Sydney. But seems to be even more in Brisbane.

I have a friend in Logan, rural suburb on the southside, and she gets a fair few on their property but in Brisbane city and inner suburbs themselves, they are few and far between.

ianbrown Dec 1st 2019 10:17 pm

Re: Moving to Brisbane?
 
No worries, thanks for the guidance on the rules, happy to comply :)

goldchoccycoin Dec 2nd 2019 5:17 am

Re: Moving to Brisbane?
 
Been in Brisbane 18 years and have only seen snakes at the zoo.

Kim67 Dec 4th 2019 8:29 pm

Re: Moving to Brisbane?
 

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin (Post 12772563)
Been in Brisbane 18 years and have only seen snakes at the zoo.

I've been in Brisbane for the majority of the last 23 years and have seen heaps. Most have been harmless pythons but always a good story behind the sightings. Alf and I ran into this guy (apparently not a python) on our way to the pub a few years back. A guardian angel saved us from walking straight into it.


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...4f3b31c406.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.