Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane

Moving to Brisbane

Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Brisbane

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
So do most people want to live within commuting distance of the CBD? I wont need to if I go there, I will just need the airport to be handy..
Depends if you like eating out at The local Sizzle or somewhere a bit fancier. CBD/Valley/Paddington is handier for more than work.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

Your link has a house that is big and very tasteless in my opinion. A bit Boycy and Marleen. I live close to the army camp and don't see the problem, it's just very quiet.

I wouldn't want to be out at woop woop either, Brisbane's sleepy enough in the CBD. Agreed about Paddington etc jour of nice eateries around there and Bardon and Rosalie.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 12:06 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

The army camp will be even quieter when they all move out to Amberley, which should happen soon.

And there are plenty of really good restaurants that aren't in the CBD.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
The army camp will be even quieter when they all move out to Amberley, which should happen soon.

Have there been any suggestions about what might happen to the land do you know?
Old Jan 14th 2012, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

I've had a few leaflets recently saying that the go ahead has been given to start building buildings to house some massive gun that they deploy wherever it's needed. How it wont affect the residents etc yada yada yada, so it sounds like it will still be Australian Defence owned. I don't really care what they do as long as they're not planning to build another North Lakes on it.