Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane

Moving to Brisbane

Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:45 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Brisbane

Originally Posted by Rudi
The trouble with asking such an open ended question is that you will get SOOOO many replies touting different areas and it may confuse you even further!!

Have a look at the Redlands area. Suburbs such as Wellington Point, Ormiston, Cleveland, Thornlands and Victoria Point. They are all Bayside suburbs, so close to the water. They are great family areas and there is a lot of choice when it comes to schooling.

So you come on and tout your area

Where you conveniently have your properties to rent

Mind you Redlands is too far to commute to the CBD each day.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
So you come on and tout your area

Where you conveniently have your properties to rent

Mind you Redlands is too far to commute to the CBD each day.

Yes - I am touting my area

No, I do not have properties to rent, I have short term rentals. As the OP has already stated she is staying in the city for a few weeks whilst she looks around, so these would not be suitable for her anyway

Yes, the Redlands and an easy 40 minute commute into the city.

Go stick you head in the sand somewhere else and come back when you have something useful to add.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:49 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi

Yes, the Redlands and an easy 40 minute commute into the city.

That is bullshit

It is way more than 40 minutes at busy times.

I live in Redlands remember
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

No bun fight please and thanks.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:03 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Alfresco
No bun fight please and thanks.
I do not think it particularly helpful, to people seeking advice, to be given inaccurate information.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think it particularly helpful, to people seeking advice, to be given inaccurate information.
Nor do I, but a bun fight won't help either.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Nor do I, but a bun fight won't help either.
It's more fun though
Old Jan 4th 2012, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
I know. Iv been searching rentals in Brisbane for 3 months, you can get a superb house for that within 15km of the cbd..
can you? really?

I still look regularly as I would really like to find a bargain and pay less. Oldest is in school now so really stuck to The Gap, Bardon and Ashgrove and $550 does not get you much in any of them.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

That is bullshit

It is way more than 40 minutes at busy times.

I live in Redlands remember
I do the same commute in about 35 to 40 minutes. Maybe you should invest in a map or a GPS?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Icecube
I do the same commute in about 35 to 40 minutes. Maybe you should invest in a map or a GPS?
Where from, where to and what time of day?
Old Jan 5th 2012, 10:09 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bingobob777
can you? really?

I still look regularly as I would really like to find a bargain and pay less. Oldest is in school now so really stuck to The Gap, Bardon and Ashgrove and $550 does not get you much in any of them.
I look regularly too with view to how much rental income I might get or our house, and recently I've come to be conclusion that we wouldn't get any more than $450pw for our house (4bed, pool, ducted air-con).
Old Jan 5th 2012, 10:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
I look regularly too with view to how much rental income I might get or our house, and recently I've come to be conclusion that we wouldn't get any more than $450pw for our house (4bed, pool, ducted air-con).
That sounds odd. I recently saw my old house in Mt Gravatt East for rent (4 bed, pool, no garage, asbestos roof) and they were asking high $500s!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
House across from me went up two months ago, 4 bed, pool and air con. Had a nice new kitchen, bathrooms etc, that was $1100 a week.

If you reckon yours would only get $450 it must be a dump.

This one not far from me is $670 a week and look at the state of it

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...+gap-405855051

Last edited by bingobob777; Jan 5th 2012 at 10:24 am. Reason: Link added
Old Jan 5th 2012, 10:25 am
Just Joined

CareerCoach has a spectacular aura aboutCareerCoach has a spectacular aura aboutCareerCoach has a spectacular aura about

I would recommend North Lakes/Mango Hill area. It's great for families, has a decent shopping centre, schools and day care. It also offers good access to the highway. The rail link to the city won't be completed until 2016 but it's a 10min drive to the train station (Bald Hills or Kallangur) in the meantime. The train takes about 20mins so total travel time would be 30mins.

For your budget you'd get a great house too - not so easy closer to the city. Check out Realestate.com.au

It's probably a good idea to find out the areas to avoid rather than the best areas to live since everyone will have their own opinion based on a range of factors.

Best of luck!

Last edited by CareerCoach; Jan 5th 2012 at 10:28 am.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Whats Bracken Ridge like as an area for kids etc??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.