Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane???

Moving to Brisbane???

Old May 11th 2009, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Andyloulou is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Brisbane???

Hello there,
We are looking to move over to Oz and was originally looking at Adelaide and Melbourne,but have noticed it seems to be much cooler in the winter with lots of rain???We have now looked at Brisbane but is this too hot???
I am a midwife and have looked at the Mater Mothers Hospital.I would love to hear from anyone working there to see if they recommend it.Or other midwives who would recommend somewhere else to work.
We are a family with 2 girls age 5 and 7.
Would also like to get some opinions on which area in Oz to choose.
The more we look the more confused I am getting.Just want to pick a place and then I can get on with registering and getting a job lined up.
Cheers Louisa
Old May 11th 2009, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Brisbane???

Have a look through the nurses forum, I am sure there are posts about Mater in there! http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

This one may be of interest: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...Mater+hospital

One other consideration when looking where to move to, would be job prospects for your OH!

Last edited by Sally Simpson; May 11th 2009 at 9:59 am.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Andyloulou is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving to Brisbane???

Thanks for that i will spend some time looking through.
New to this site so need to find my way round.
Seems to be full of brilliant information.
Cheers
Louisa
Old May 11th 2009, 10:19 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Andyloulou
We have now looked at Brisbane but is this too hot???
Some parts are, other parts aren't

East of Brisbane, the Bayside area, is normally cooler in Summer, and warmer in Winter, than some other areas.

And it mainly rains overnight here...

Old May 11th 2009, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andyloulou
Thanks for that i will spend some time looking through.
New to this site so need to find my way round.
Seems to be full of brilliant information.
Cheers
Louisa
Just a tip when searching, when you click on search & the box opens, at the bottom it says Advanced Search, click on this to narrow things down a bit!
You may have realised this already but it took me.... well, let's just say, a good while, to realise it was there!