Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane 😊 Wanting more info

Moving to Brisbane 😊 Wanting more info

Old Jan 25th 2016, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

CBenn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Brisbane 😊 Wanting more info

Hi,
Me, my partner & 20 month old daughter are looking to emigrate in next couple of years to Brisbane oz (can't wait) we live in Bradford West Yorkshire at the min we hate it!!! It's gone soo down hill and of course the weather is rubbish it's not somewhere we want to bring up our child and future children up.
My partner would be the one to get us in he's a fully qualified plumber and gas engineer, I was wanting to know if he can bring his family in (me & his daughter) even if we're not married?? (We are engaged but not yet married and don't want to rush into it) and do we need a curtain amount of money in the bank for when we apply for our visa??
Also is there any companies in Brisbane/Gold Coast area that will be a good place for him to work or even get sponsored by???? And does anyone know the arrange wage for his occupation with 5 years expirence?
Also does anyone know the best superb for us to be looking at? We want a family friendly place where we can meet friends not too far from a beach and the main thing is good schools for my daughter???? And of course in a flood free zone!!
We haven't been to OZ yet but we have done a lot of research and are very interested were only young so we're going to try it anyway but we are going on vacation in November to check it out 😊

Any information that people can give us would be a great help.

Thank you
Chelsea, Craig & Charlee
Old Jan 25th 2016, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Brisbane 😊 Wanting more info

Right so where to start ... there is nothing wrong with wanting to move to Australia and we are all on here because we did at some point. But it is much better to be going because of pull factors rather than you hate being whre you are. If you just hate being where you are then why don't you move fifty miles away rather than ten thousand (or whatever it is)? Hating where you currently live is a dreadful reason to move to the other side of the world..

If you are a family unit, and you sound like you are, then yes of course he can bring his partner and child on the same vis application and I believe as a plumber he would be eligible for a skilled migrant visa which is great. Getting sponsored is actually not so great as it restricts you to the whim of that employer so look into getting independent visas first.

There is no such thing as a best suburb, no more than there is any such thing as best town or village in UK. But Brisbane is not renowned for its beaches, it is a river city not a beach city and unemployment is high on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. I really like both areas but I am not sure they are places I would be heading without a lot of money behind me.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your advise, we don't want to move anywhere els in the uk because we would spend most of our time back to Bradford were all our family and friends are it would be a waste of a move. Yes some places in uk are lovely but the country is getting worse year by year and were scared for what it will be like when our kids are in their twenties. We also want better weather for a healthier life style we find were sat in a lot and not knowing what to do wasting our weekends, week nights ect. My mum lives in Florida we have had a villa there as a family for the last 16 years so Florida is like a second home so we are used to being away from home a lot. Florida was an option but it's so hard to get in and cost's so much in visas and they don't except uk qualifications so it's a no go.

We just want a better lifestyle for us and our kids.
Any more advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Chelsea
Old Jan 25th 2016, 5:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know enough about Australia to be sure that it isn't also "getting worse year by year", whatever that means?
Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shame about Florida.

Is your Mum a US Citizen?
Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

No she lives on a visa she has a business out there but she pays a lot for visa's and is running out of money to be honest she doesn't no how she's going to retire out there she might have to move in the next few years 😕.

U.K. Is very over populated and seem to put other countries first! Australia is under populated and have loads of job opportunities compared to England. OZ will always have that plus about it because of the weather there is so much more to do. They are strict on who they let in there country that makes me feel safer and the crime is less compared to uk.
That's just my opinion my dad loves England but he also doesn't mind the cold weather I hate it haha

If anyone can give us more info on moving to Brisbane that would be great 🙂
Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBenn
No she lives on a visa she has a business out there but she pays a lot for visa's and is running out of money to be honest she doesn't no how she's going to retire out there she might have to move in the next few years � ����.

U.K. Is very over populated and seem to put other countries first! Australia is under populated and have loads of job opportunities compared to England. OZ will always have that plus about it because of the weather there is so much more to do. They are strict on who they let in there country that makes me feel safer and the crime is less compared to uk.
That's just my opinion my dad loves England but he also doesn't mind the cold weather I hate it haha

If anyone can give us more info on moving to Brisbane that would be great � ����
Oh dear!

Not a clue
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

I only wanted advice on Brisbane not interested in negitive people getting involved if you can give me advice on Brisbane don't say nothing at all! It just shows I come on here for help and advise and yet it attracts negitive people who has nothing nice to say! Thanks to everyone who actually gave me abit of advice and to everyone els who made smarky comments hope you find some happiness in your lives instead of been negitive about everyone els's !!!!
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No she lives on a visa she has a business out there but she pays a lot for visa's and is running out of money to be honest she doesn't no how she's going to retire out there she might have to move in the next few years � ����.

If anyone can give us more info on moving to Brisbane that would be great � ����
OMG. Sorry but you absolutely do not have a clue. Australia currenlty has a much higher rate of unemployment than the UK. At times, the UK unemployment rate will be higher, swings and roundabouts, they are both first world countries and both have their good and bad times in an economical sense.

Australian population per square mile is hugely less than the UK of course, but the population is not spread out evenly, nearly everybody lives around the edges and it has all the problems of crowding and traffic congestion and so on as any UK town. We moved back last year, we have far more space to ourselves than we did in Australia because we live in the countryside now. You can pick your spot in either location.

Australia is not strict on "who they let in", it has one of the most accessible visa regimes in the world and more than a quarter of the population was born overseas, versus what 3-5% in the UK?

As per my first post, what worries me is that you have not given any indication of pull factors, you just seem like a very pessimistic person and I am not sure that moving to Australia is going to make you happy. After six or seven years on imigration forums, your immigration is a disaster waiting to happen. Guarantee it.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Ok no problem thanks for the advice
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I only wanted advice on Brisbane not interested in negitive people getting involved if you can give me advice on Brisbane don't say nothing at all! It just shows I come on here for help and advise and yet it attracts negitive people who has nothing nice to say! Thanks to everyone who actually gave me abit of advice and to everyone els who made smarky comments hope you find some happiness in your lives instead of been negitive about everyone els's !!!!
You are the most negative poster on the threwd. With all your UK going downhill, getting worse every year blah blah blah.

Is there any reason you want to move to Australia, other than you wanting to move from a first world country that 99% of the worlds population would give their right arm to live in.

Stop your whining and count your blessings. Australians don't really like whiners by the way.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

No she lives on a visa she has a business out there but she pays a lot for visa's and is running out of money to be honest she doesn't no how she's going to retire out there she might have to move in the next few years 😕.
E2?

If so she could not retire out there.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Yeah think she's on a L2
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I only wanted advice on Brisbane not interested in negitive people ....
Er, these aren't people being negative, these are people who have "been there and done that", and they volunteer their time and experience here on BE to help people who are relocating overseas, whether on their own, for their employer, or for family reasons. You may regret being so dismissive of the information they are sharing with you, because one thing is absolutely certain, they are not trying to irritate you or rain on your parade.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

L1 is when someone who works for say a UK company is transferred to the US.

L2 is for a dependent, say spouse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.