Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

moving to brisabne

moving to brisabne

Old Jan 19th 2004, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Default moving to brisabne

This is my first post on the site, been reading all your coments for a while now!! Our visa application just gone in (last week in Dec) looking for info on Brisbane area's to live, schools etc!!
Hubby is CNC/Operator( metal machinist in oz) anybody got any info on wages for this type of job? would like to make some new friends and have some one to chat with about the move as family not that keen to chat as don't want us to go!
I'm Hazel 32 , Gary 34 and kids Brad 11 and Cody 10!
would love to hear from anyone with info...
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:36 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Have you done a TRA application?

try this site.
http://www.ourbrisbane.com.au/
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Chunky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to hazelmary.

Hope this well help you we are moving to brisbane end of this year and we have info

www.ourbrisbane.com

Hubbys passport came on friday a true aussie the kids next than my visa . In the middle of doing the house up to sale, Would love to go this year. We will have to wait and see , Henry the dog went on saturday to is new home this house seems strange with out him cooping ok .

Looking forward to moving tho big move with family, I have 2 brothers and a sister with family so it will be hard hubby only child he will be fine

What kind of work are you looking in to ?
Do you have children ?

See you in brisbane

Ann Marie
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:39 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

ooo and this too,
http://emigrate.hotshopping.com.au/
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:42 pm
?????????

Doh! double post at the same time,, how strange
I,m looking at QLD too Mount Tamborine or Nerang
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hazelmary,

welcome to the mad house, erm, forum.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paulf
Doh! double post at the same time,, how strange
I,m looking at QLD too Mount Tamborine or Nerang
What a coincidence!!! We're aiming for Mount Tamborine cos we like it there. Not so keen on Nerang itself.

If we ever sell this house........
Old Jan 19th 2004, 7:02 pm
?????????

Have you been looking at Houses there Lesleys?
I have seen loads on the NET and have been told it is just right for me, IE cool breezes on hot days.

you seen this site?
http://www.lanerealty.com.au/TamborineMt.html

But shushhhhh dont tell the others here.

Last edited by paulf; Jan 19th 2004 at 7:05 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 7:36 pm
Brisbane bound

brendan_34_mids is on a distinguished road
Default Brisbane

Hi Hazelmary,
we have just retured from brisbane where my brother lives and we our hoping to live when we get our visas, which will probably be the same time as you seeing as we have just applied.
My brother lives in Cleveland which is 20 mins from city, its fantastic there, on the coast, schools are excellent, people are friendly. Not sure of the population at a guess around 40,000. it is in an area called Redlandshire which has a population of around 150,000 i guess. Most factory jobs seem to be in the city so most travel. My brother is a landscape gardener so gets lots of local work. i am an electronic engineer so i will be prepared to travel daily to the city.
My wife and 2 girls (7&9) love it, there is so much to do there. the local swimming pool is ace with 3 outdoor pools.
I Would certainly give it some thought, we cant wait to get there.

Brendan.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paulf
Have you been looking at Houses there Lesleys?
I have seen loads on the NET and have been told it is just right for me, IE cool breezes on hot days.

you seen this site?
http://www.lanerealty.com.au/TamborineMt.html

But shushhhhh dont tell the others here.
Sure have. Have you seen peterkendallrealty.com.au as well?
Just been looking at what holiday accom is available for a couple of weeks while we look for somewhere to rent first. We might go there on a tourist visa for a couple of weeks in March before we make the final leap (visas permitting - my high blood pressure has been referred to Sydney). When do you hope to go?

Lesley
Old Jan 19th 2004, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: moving to brisabne

Hi Hazelmary,

Have a look at brisbanecitylife.com.au

Lesley
Old Jan 20th 2004, 1:12 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Brisbane

Originally posted by brendan_34_mids
Hi Hazelmary,
we have just retured from brisbane where my brother lives and we our hoping to live when we get our visas, which will probably be the same time as you seeing as we have just applied.
My brother lives in Cleveland which is 20 mins from city, its fantastic there, on the coast, schools are excellent, people are friendly. Not sure of the population at a guess around 40,000. it is in an area called Redlandshire which has a population of around 150,000 i guess. Most factory jobs seem to be in the city so most travel. My brother is a landscape gardener so gets lots of local work. i am an electronic engineer so i will be prepared to travel daily to the city.
My wife and 2 girls (7&9) love it, there is so much to do there. the local swimming pool is ace with 3 outdoor pools.
I Would certainly give it some thought, we cant wait to get there.

Brendan.
How long did you spend in the Redlands area ?

Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:31 am
Brisbane bound

Default redlands

hi abc,
we spent 5 weeks there, from 6th dec to 8th jan, it was excellent.
We wern't far from vicky point, just down the road off south street. All areas around there are great, Wellington point, vicky point, cleveland, alex hills, thornlands, capalaba there were all place we will consider when we get there. wetravelled up the sunshine coast to maloolaba, caloundra, noosa, harvey bay and down the gold coast to southport and surfers but found these although nice to much of a holiday place to live whereas redlandshire is more of a town to live and work but still with enough to do with out being to busy, if that makes sense.
How long have you lived there?
Do u like it there?
Have you found work easy to find?
We met a lot of expats when we were there, friends my brother and is wife have made since they arrived a year ago, this makes it so much easier to settle

brendan
Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:43 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: redlands

Originally posted by brendan_34_mids
hi abc,
we spent 5 weeks there, from 6th dec to 8th jan, it was excellent.
We wern't far from vicky point, just down the road off south street. All areas around there are great, Wellington point, vicky point, cleveland, alex hills, thornlands, capalaba there were all place we will consider when we get there. wetravelled up the sunshine coast to maloolaba, caloundra, noosa, harvey bay and down the gold coast to southport and surfers but found these although nice to much of a holiday place to live whereas redlandshire is more of a town to live and work but still with enough to do with out being to busy, if that makes sense.
How long have you lived there?
Do u like it there?
Have you found work easy to find?
We met a lot of expats when we were there, friends my brother and is wife have made since they arrived a year ago, this makes it so much easier to settle

brendan
Hi Brendan
We moved here 13 months ago, (moved up from Sydney) and moved in to our current house 12 months ago.

I must admit that I haven't been really looking for work, but I am getting bored doing nothing, so I am about to get started with something soon. Maybe in computers, but i'll wait till I get a bit more bored I think.

I do like it up here, much better, in my opinion, than Sydney. Slower, more relaxed.
Your comments on areas do make sense.

Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:53 am
Brisbane bound

Default brisbane

hi abc,
how long have you lived in australia?
do u miss uk?
we are in our mid 30's with 2 girls (7&9) and feel it is the right step for us at the moment, are there anty negative points that we havnt thought about, as we have blinkers on that the moment and only see all the positives.

cheers,

brendan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.