Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Moving Back to the UK forum

The Moving Back to the UK forum

Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Moving Back to the UK forum

with TB at the helm, Dont think so!!
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by odaat
Despite the "make believe" that a cool beer and barbie on the weekend will make all your worries ( and asians) go away.
And what's wrong with the Asians, pray tell? Our suburb used to be old WASP now it's 60+% Asian all in the last five years. And a much more vibrant and interesting place it is too. Roll on migrants I say, the more exotic the better.

The whingers (particularly the serial whingers) could be taking the place of others with no alternatives.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:31 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by Banksia
And what's wrong with the Asians, pray tell? Our suburb used to be old WASP now it's 60+% Asian all in the last five years. And a much more vibrant and interesting place it is too. Roll on migrants I say, the more exotic the better.

The whingers (particularly the serial whingers) could be taking the place of others with no alternatives.
Obviously Odaat has a problem with them.

Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wombat42
You can't argue with what l said because you know l am right so you attack my grammar and spelling instead.
As l said before you are in the wrong forum, get back to the " returning to Uk
forum" or what l call the whinging Pom failure forum"
Wombat, there is nothing to argue about between us - as I admit to a bit of leg pulling .

I replied to this thread as it was started by others who are a bit more fair and open minded about research and due diligence than you appear to be.

"Whinging poms" and "failure to hack Oz" do not always go together, same as "Ozzie ignorant" and failed to hack UK do not always go together.

Yes Oz is a continent - and its closest trading partner is Asia. I am sure you realised Asia is on the way to being the strongest economic power in the world bar none within the next decade. Historically UK / US have dropped Oz in economic terms whenever home economies turn - what makes you think they will not do the same again ?. How is Australia going to survive without Europe and US to trade with .... you guessed it matey, via an Australasian alliance.

There are race issues in UK you are right, race riots flare up on a regular basis as there are 60 million people on the island and not enough of a fair share of jobs, housing and opportunity. It makes you tough and you get over it or you go under.

Nobody on the planet is hiding the facts, plenty of solutions have been tried, the problem persists. Incidentally the asians have made a success of the opportunities UK provides. They are an example to others of an industrious work ethic.

My mummy passed away many years ago, I buried my father two years ago as well.

I left Australia *richer* in the financial sense. I left for better opportunity in UK and the rest of the world, Australian banking practice and the lack of a creative workforce prevented me from a few enterprising projects, I can do better overseas - may well be back when I have made a few million and the new economy of Australasia is better for investment than the old Australian one

odaat
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:41 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

I can do better overseas - may well be back when I have made a few million and the new economy of Australasia is better for investment than the old Australian one.
odaat
We'll have plenty of big holes dug awaiting you.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:41 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana

on a couple of my really bad days, The Bloke has offered to up sticks and move to the UK for me.
I think that proves he is a Thoroughly Good Sort - & worth making the effort to fit in here for.

Anya.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Banksia

Oh Pleeaasssseee .... I was making the point that Australia is not a version of some cheap 80's soap i.e. nieghbours, there is a mixed bag of issues to deal with including getting on with non white , non UK beings.

odaat
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:43 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

To wombat42: get off your high horse of self-righteousness and stop telling people where they should or shouldn't post. Or apply to become a moderator. You're beginning to rival Mike Stanton in your predictability and predeliction for unsupported hyperbole. Hmmm, in fact I think the two of you are in fact the same person, doomed by the gods forever to struggle against each other, trapped in the same brain. Quite entertaining to watch, in fact.

To Pollyana, etc: the Yanks are just as keen to promote "home-grown" products as are the Brits and the Aussies, and I presume other nations are too. It's hardly surprising; patriotism runs through every strand of our life. Indeed much of the idiotic drivel that passes for contributions from some of our more notorious posters is nothing more than mindless knee-jerk patriotism. It's not going to go away but OTOH it's not worth getting too concerned about unless it's used as an excuse to control our lives (for example in the form of banning imports for purely economic reasons rather than, say, health reasons).

Personally I buy whatever ibuprofen product is cheapest. Nurofen is stupendously over-priced!
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:54 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MarkMyWords
Hmmm, in fact I think the two of you are in fact the same person, doomed by the gods forever to struggle against each other, trapped in the same brain. Quite entertaining to watch, in fact.
My goodness, dear, you make it sound quite *Wagnerian*. I can hear that orchestra, with its trademark over-laden brass section, tuning up as I write. Can I sing the part of the brave, commanding woman with the tits? Please?

Anya.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:59 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MarkMyWords
Personally I buy whatever ibuprofen product is cheapest. Nurofen is stupendously over-priced!
Instructions for home-made?
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny how Asians conjur up different images. In UK I tend to think of Asians as coming from India, Pakistan etc. In Australia I tend to think of Asians as Japanese, Chinese etc.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:19 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by Mercedes
It's funny how Asians conjur up different images. In UK I tend to think of Asians as coming from India, Pakistan etc. In Australia I tend to think of Asians as Japanese, Chinese etc.
The word 'Asian', for me, conjures up images of diverse & delicious cuisines!

Anya.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Oh Pleeaasssseee .... I was making the point that Australia is not a version of some cheap 80's soap i.e. nieghbours, there is a mixed bag of issues to deal with including getting on with non white , non UK beings.

odaat
I haven't noticed any problems in that department. Well not in OZ anyway.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
The word 'Asian', for me, conjures up images of diverse & delicious cuisines!

Anya.
True and also cultures.....ummm now you made me think of a nice curry or sushi....pity everything is shut....back to my apple.......which is Spanish
Old Jan 29th 2005, 8:21 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Reading the posts here and on the 'Moving Back' forum, I feel that, in 95% of cases, the reason why people go back is simply that they are homesick - it's not that they hate Oz, but just feel an overpowering need to go back to friends/family & all that's familiar.

There seem to be very few people who move on from Oz to a country other than the UK - it's the 'going back' that's the important factor here.

Anya.

Amen to that, I was in Australia 7 years and gave it my best shot, I knew I was homesick the first year and it continued, not as intense but there. Horrible nagging in the belly.

We do want to go back down the line but on different terms. If we don't feel ready we won't go.

M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.