Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving Back to Australia... the old Ping Pong!??

Moving Back to Australia... the old Ping Pong!??

Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:06 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving Back to Australia... the old Ping Pong!??

Well, we've a thread going for moving back to UK because it's so expensive in Australia.....

Are there any peeps out there who are moving back to Australia... after returning to the UK?

What's your motivating factor?

Are you worried about the exchange rate?

Are you going back to the same State?

Just wondering?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:36 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Back to Australia... the old Ping Pong!??

Ping Ponging has been happening forever to be honest, when we first came as a family in 1962 families would go back home and then back again and home again. Our family did it when I was about 9 which I think gave me my appreciation for England. People move here looking for A and realise that home actually gave them A but then miss B which Australia gave them. We moved to Queensland from Victoria and it was like chalk and cheese and great for 6 or 7 years.
Our reason for going 'home' is partly business and mostly to do with what the country gives US. We will miss certain aspects of life here and will no doubt have times when we want to be back here but overall we know what we are doing is right. For US life is too short to worry about sitting on a beach or having cheaper petrol.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Back to Australia... the old Ping Pong!??

Originally Posted by alipally
Well, we've a thread going for moving back to UK because it's so expensive in Australia.....

Are there any peeps out there who are moving back to Australia... after returning to the UK?

What's your motivating factor?

Are you worried about the exchange rate?

Are you going back to the same State?

Just wondering?
Yep - me

Motivating factor is money but also felt like a change of scenery.

I lived in Australia in the 90's, went back to the UK because the economy was good, and now back in Australia because the economy is good in Oz. Didn't have a pay rise in the UK for 3 years.

I ignore cost of living. For me the best money is what is left in my pocket at the end of the month. For me Australia is giving me that right now. In fact about double what I had in the UK.