moving to australia

moving to australia

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

campersteffen is an unknown quantity at this point
Post moving to australia

hello there .
new on here and the web
i would like to move to australia( new south wales) but i find it very confusing with all that visa bla bla.
iknow i want to get a sponsord work visa( i am a gasfitter and plumber)
so now i like to find a company to sponsor but where(dont want to use agent)can use the fee myself to live>LOL . so cant register on the immi site because need visa appliction first but need also for that employer willing to sponsor ,at a los right know . cant just work in ti embessy as i live in ireland . i have all my papers together i think appart from the caracter thing from the police because lived in england germany and now in ireland in the last 10 years. buit the infosite on immi.gov is saying dont get it unless there ask .what now needed or not. HELP thank you all i o you.
ones i am there you can all come and vised and i promise i will help anyone on the forum when i can ,

thank you
(i like to get to australia in about may)
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to australia

Originally Posted by campersteffen
hello there .
new on here and the web
i would like to move to australia( new south wales) but i find it very confusing with all that visa bla bla.
iknow i want to get a sponsord work visa( i am a gasfitter and plumber)
so now i like to find a company to sponsor but where(dont want to use agent)can use the fee myself to live>LOL . so cant register on the immi site because need visa appliction first but need also for that employer willing to sponsor ,at a los right know . cant just work in ti embessy as i live in ireland . i have all my papers together i think appart from the caracter thing from the police because lived in england germany and now in ireland in the last 10 years. buit the infosite on immi.gov is saying dont get it unless there ask .what now needed or not. HELP thank you all i o you.
ones i am there you can all come and vised and i promise i will help anyone on the forum when i can ,

thank you
(i like to get to australia in about may)
Hi welcome to the forum

Have you had a skills assessment?

To be able to work as a plumber / gasfitter you will also need a licence to work in that field here.

I'm not sure how easy it will be for you to find an employer willing to sponser you without either of the above.

You really should talk to an agent, most will give you a free initial assessment and then at least you'll have some idea of what you need to do
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi welcome to the forum

Have you had a skills assessment?

To be able to work as a plumber / gasfitter you will also need a licence to work in that field here.

I'm not sure how easy it will be for you to find an employer willing to sponser you without either of the above.

You really should talk to an agent, most will give you a free initial assessment and then at least you'll have some idea of what you need to do
thank you but first visa is looking for 3500,-euro . a lot i think
working on the licence for immigration at the moment any gess how long that will take?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thank you but first visa is looking for 3500,-euro . a lot i think
working on the licence for immigration at the moment any gess how long that will take?

You can't get the licence until you get here. You most likely mean the skills assessment?

They are taking 10 days to process, so from you sending it to getting it back you're talking about a month tops.

Make sure you put everything down for this assessment, you need to go really indepth with it or you won't pass. My hubby is a sparky so I can't help much on the plumbing side of things but there are some plumbers about on here if you get stuck. Just put another post up with any questions you have regarding the TRA bit.

Last edited by Wendy; Jan 23rd 2007 at 9:55 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
You can't get the licence until you get here. You most likely mean the skills assessment?

They are taking 10 days to process, so from you sending it to getting it back you're talking about a month tops.

Make sure you put everything down for this assessment, you need to go really indepth with it or you won't pass. My hubby is a sparky so I can't help much on the plumbing side of things but there are some plumbers about on here if you get stuck. Just put another post up with any questions you have regarding the TRA bit.
thanks again ,
so you yhink i can get a sponsorvisa without having a employer to employ me before i move, i know i can work as a plumbers labour until my full licence is sorted i was readiing about it in the forum (was also a spark.)
Old Jan 24th 2007, 1:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks again ,
so you yhink i can get a sponsorvisa without having a employer to employ me before i move, i know i can work as a plumbers labour until my full licence is sorted i was readiing about it in the forum (was also a spark.)
Why on earth don't you sort out you own visa to migrate independently, if you qualify? Then you won't need to rely on any employer.