Reload this Page >

Moving to Adelaide - Maybe to Buckland Park

Moving to Adelaide - Maybe to Buckland Park

Old Oct 16th 2022, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Portarlington is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Moving to Adelaide - Maybe to Buckland Park

Hello everyone,

I'm an Australian Citizen and a registered Nurse with AHPRA. I intend to move back to Australia from the UK in April next year.

Do any of you live in Adelaide? I've been looking at Buckland Park SA 5120 and would appreciate any feedback/opinions on the area.

I'm an experienced research Nurse and would be interested in working in research on my arrival, do any of you work in research nursing or know of any research organisations.

Thank you

Old Oct 16th 2022, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Adelaide - Maybe to Buckland Park

It is new development are quite a way out North of the city. I guess it will depend where you are working. Is there a reason you are considering it?

I don’t know the area well but it good and bad bits. The development has been planned for ages but is now underway not sure about associated services and transport though.
Old Oct 17th 2022, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Hi rammygirl,

The reason I'm considering Buckland Park is, it's very reasonably prised and as you said its a new development (always good to buy in up-coming areas). But I'm flexible and would appreciate any recommended areas.

I see you are a Lancashire 'Lass' , I'm a Yorkshire 'Lad' - "Up North" , there's no place like it!
Old Oct 17th 2022, 10:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

There's a few developments going on up this way but it wouldn't be my first choice.

But I don't know the suburb, so it may be okay. I'd check out what shops they have, if any, otherwise you'll always be travelling.
Old Oct 17th 2022, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks old.sparkles , I have contacted a few home builders who tell me that infrastructure is going in. How long is the drive from Buckland Park to Adelaide CBD?
Old Oct 18th 2022, 2:01 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Portarlington
Thanks old.sparkles , I have contacted a few home builders who tell me that infrastructure is going in. How long is the drive from Buckland Park to Adelaide CBD?
Hi Portarlington. When researching potential areas to live home builders and developers aren't the best sources of info, they have a vested interest in painting a rosy picture. I'd contact the local council to request a time line of when infrastructure that's important to you will be built, and have a bit of a nose around the internet too.

I found the attached ABC article which talks about Buckland Park being a major flood risk, with the attendant difficulties of getting property insurance.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...demned/7921676

I don't want to sound alarmist, just trying to help with a decision that's pretty vital to our quality of life. I hope you find somewhere that's just right for you.
Old Oct 18th 2022, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Hi spouse of scouse,

Thank you for this information, very useful!
Old Oct 18th 2022, 8:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Portarlington
The drive would be 45mins to more than an hour depending on time of day.

As an alternative, there are developments near Gawler and Angle Vale that would be similar drive times to CBD, provide closer links to rail services, and have plenty of established shopping, schools, GP's, etc.