Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Adelaide in January

Moving to Adelaide in January

Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough
Default Moving to Adelaide in January

Hello!

I'm moving to Adelaide in January and wondered if anyone would like to meet up. I'll be going on my own so would love to meet new friends, so is there anyone willing to meet up or know of any regular meet ups in Adelaide?

Appreciate your replies!
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Louise EP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Adelaide in January

Hi beach lady, have you arrived in Adelaide yet?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:20 pm
Moving to Adelaide May'12

CarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really nice

Originally Posted by beachlady
Hello!

I'm moving to Adelaide in January and wondered if anyone would like to meet up. I'll be going on my own so would love to meet new friends, so is there anyone willing to meet up or know of any regular meet ups in Adelaide?

Appreciate your replies!
I'm moving in May, have you moved yet? Where in Adelaide are you/will you be?

Hope the move was/is easy

Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Louise EP
Hi beach lady, have you arrived in Adelaide yet?
Hi, yes I've arrived in Adelaide. Whereabouts are you in Adelaide? I'm looking for rentals hopefully in the Brighton or Henley Beach area.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CarlyChalk
I'm moving in May, have you moved yet? Where in Adelaide are you/will you be?

Hope the move was/is easy

Hi, yes I've arrived in Adelaide. Good luck with your move in May and if you want to meet up when you arrive, let me know.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 9:58 am
Just Joined

self seeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Adelaide

Hello..
i am planning to move Adelaid soon up to may or june....can someone help me how to rent and meet at airport for guidence...what is the best place to live in reasonable price...i have 176 premanent visa
Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Moving to Adelaide

Originally Posted by self seeker
Hello..
i am planning to move Adelaid soon up to may or june....can someone help me how to rent and meet at airport for guidence...what is the best place to live in reasonable price...i have 176 premanent visa
There are a lot of nice areas in Adelaide so it really depends on what kind of area you want to live in. There are country areas, the city and beach areas and both have positive points about them but you have to decide what will suit your lifestyle.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:33 am
Just Joined

WellTraveled is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beachlady
Hello!

Appreciate your replies!
Hi, I live in Adelaide, have done since Jan of 2006. Always keen to meet new faces and help where I can, drop me a line when you arrive
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Dublin2Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Myself and the family where thinking of moving in October but looking at the forums everything slows down looking for work so we are thinking of moving over in January 2013. I work in IT and was wondering if their is plenty of work in Adelaide?
Thanks
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Hey Dublin2Oz. I'm in architecture, building not IT but friends in 101010 architecture are busy. Personal opinion... I think this country needs to have it a little hard, its not deeply done so yet. They (politicians) say we have a 2 speed economy. From my perspective you are either doing bloody well or scraping a living. I'm the latter :-).Anyway, JFDI as the acronym was in S&N, whether its the right move or not, only time will tell. Not that helpful, sorry, but you are welcome to look us up when you get to Adelaide, always happy to help out :-) Cheers Paul & Irina
Old Apr 4th 2012, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Paul and Irina
I will continue to apply for Jobs from Ireland but I think with the Irish address it might be a waste of time.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 2:28 am
Just Joined

You're welcome. I'll mention this to an IT friend of mind as well, see what he says. Good luck with the job hunting. If you do come over in October you'll be in time for the start of spring and summer :-)
Old Apr 5th 2012, 7:56 am
Just Joined

thanks any help is appreciated