moving

Old Dec 19th 2008, 2:50 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default moving

dear all need help or advice no time wasters please

we were in full planning for moving to Perth everything was fine then my wife decides she doent know if she can go through with it.

i dont know what to do i have some fears too but have tried to put them to one side.

Anyone who can give any advice

Mick
Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:18 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all
Default Re: moving

Hi Mick,

Well I haven't moved yet, but have previously left a country for another for 6 months (again, different but met lots of people moving for good and also learnt some things myself along the way).

The way I am thinking of my leaving the UK for Oz, is that it's not that different from me moving to a different city in England - yes, distance wise it is, and culturally etc. But I mean, it won't mean I will see my family less in the long run. I will get more quality time with them, when they fly out or I fly back, as we will be making a conscious effort. Also, it is so so easy to stay in touch now - I won't be missing my friends' children growing up b/c of webcams and cheap phone calls etc. No, it's not the same, but it's a balance of what you are willing to sacrifice or comprise on for the other reasons you are moving.

I've assumed that family and friends are a lot to do with your wife's reasons for changing her mind, I know they are normally the biggest factors stopping people from doing such a big move.

Is there anything in particular she has said as to why she doesn't want to go through with it?

Hope you are both doing ok as I'm sure it is a difficult decision for the both of you.

lerato
Old Dec 19th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving

I remember just before leaving for Perth I felt so sick and nervous but we went and I am glad we did it. Its very tough if your wife is close to her family as I was with mine heart strings and stuff and the worry of things that you dont know like, will you get a job etc etc.

All I can say is try it and if you dont like it, keep enough money aside to come back if you dont like it, or dont buy and just rent for a while.

I did like the people I met in Perth but I really really missed UK and family etc, came back when my mum died and realised that infact we had a good life in Oz and we have been back in UK for a year now, everyone said probably the shock of my Mums death etc, I really dont know why I thought I'd miss stuff in UK as much as I did. We came back last year and I knew it was the wrong thing after about the first month we realised (both OH who never really wanted to come back to UK) how much Oz as a whole had to offer us.

I could really truly kick myself now as I wouldnt bloody listen to anyone who told me give it time etc and was so determined that I wanted to come back here never ever let myself really love Oz.

BTW we were there for nearly 3 years.

Go on you be ok.....good luck