Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Movers: time to quote & move?

Movers: time to quote & move?

Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:43 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Movers: time to quote & move?

Can anyone say how long it takes from asking for quotes from movers until actually using them?
like most of us, I will have a lot - and I mean a LOT! - of stuff which I would ideally like to get rid of but which I would take to Oz if I can't.
The house will sell better with everything in it: then I will try to sell some of my things.
So ideally, I would like to be able to get quotes, make my mind up and go within a fairly short space of time.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Most of them can book your move with 2-3 weeks notice so booking in all the quote visits the week before should do. So you could wait until exchange.

Or just get them earlier and point out the stuff you're chucking out.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 3:55 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jolyn
Most of them can book your move with 2-3 weeks notice so booking in all the quote visits the week before should do. So you could wait until exchange.

Or just get them earlier and point out the stuff you're chucking out.
Thanks - of course, if I knew what I'd have left to chuck out it wouldn't be a problem! 2-3 weeks sounds fine though.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If you can be a bit flexible with dates 2-3 weeks should be ok. Mind you the popular/ cheaper companies can get really booked up. The PSS guy told me they had to turn 2 jobs away for the end of August, they are so busy. He reckons 8 out of 10 people moving are going to Aus!

We just told them what we were going to leave when they came around to quote.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 10:21 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our quotes last week and were told by PSS that the earliest they could move us ws on the 4th Sept.

John Mason and Robinsons also quoted 2-3 weeks from quote to removals.