Reload this Page >

Movers and Shakers

Movers and Shakers

Old Jul 16th 2003, 9:09 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Movers and Shakers

Hi all
Have read a lot of the posts about shipping companies and who give cheapest quotes etc. Could you let me know in your experience whether you would recommend the guys you're using (or used) and who they are.

Currently getting quotes from John Mason, Pickfords etc but would like some feedback on performance of different companies.

Many thanks
Old Jul 16th 2003, 10:02 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Our house has been packed up by GB Liners this week. Currently waiting for container to arrive - booked for 2pm - everything is packed and ready to go. The guys have been great - let us keep certain items until last minute. I still have the hoover so I can clean up as the boxes get moved out of the house. Would certainly recommend them so far.

Dawn
Old Jul 17th 2003, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Britannia Movers. They were considerably cheaper than Pickfords and did a great job.

We had some delays in Sydney though. Their agent in Sydney kept saying it was a Customs delay, but when we contacted Customs, they said the container had been cleared some weeks earlier. I reckon the local agent just didn’t have enough movers available to deliver our stuff.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Flyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Movers and Shakers

I used Pickfords, very good, quick service - door to door in 7 weeks including all MAF and customs clearance - no hassles at all!
Old Jul 17th 2003, 11:03 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dracupg
We used Britannia Movers. They were considerably cheaper than Pickfords and did a great job.

We had some delays in Sydney though. Their agent in Sydney kept saying it was a Customs delay, but when we contacted Customs, they said the container had been cleared some weeks earlier. I reckon the local agent just didn’t have enough movers available to deliver our stuff.
HI D who was your oz agent.......... MM
Old Jul 18th 2003, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Trans International http://www.transinternational.com.au/about.stm
Old Jul 18th 2003, 12:41 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dracupg
Trans International http://www.transinternational.com.au/about.stm
yes D small company , probably had problems with logistics ,they take on so much work at low prices, then get inundated ,with o/sea,s work ,dont have the man power or vehicles to handle it.. MM
Old Jul 19th 2003, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Jeannie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just like to say - and give them an unashamed plug - that John Mason Int'l were just fabulous.
From the first visit from the estimator, to the movers in the UK, to the admin people, to the movers in Melbourne. Just fabulous.

Arrived when they said, worked hard all day, everything packed meticulously, kept in constant contact about where and when shipment would be arriving, and unpacked anything we wanted, took away packaging, then came back later for the rest!!!

Not the cheapest quote we got, but not the dearest either.

Wouldn't hesitate in recommending them.

Jeannie