Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Movers Have Been & Gone

Wikiposts

The Movers Have Been & Gone

Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future
Default The Movers Have Been & Gone

After 2 days they have finally gone, everything fitted into the container and there was even a bit of space to spare after they had added in several large pieces of furniture that i didnt really bank on taking.

Can thoroughly recommend pss thus far, they quoted for 750 cubic whatsits but i knew i had underestimated what we would take and then there was the baby equipment i went out and bought, so we plumped for the 20 ft general purpose container which takes about 1050 but i still thought we'd be pushing it, a local company who gave me a quote called me up 2 weeks ago to ask why we werent using them i said because we had received a cheaper quote, he told me there was no way all our stuff would fit into a 20 footer and i'd be left with half my stuff in the driveway, so fortunately i ignored him and saved myself £1000 on his quote.

only 3 and a half weeks of living in an empty house to go, mind you the dog is spooked, he obviously sences that he is next.

Lynn
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:16 am
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats the full name of PSS - I need a quote .
Have they a website?
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

try giving them a call 02074076606 i've always found the office staff really helpful, the guy who cam eto give us a quote was a bit stuffy but thats not really a complaint.

Lynn
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:25 am
WBB

Originally posted by dazzac
Whats the full name of PSS - I need a quote .
Have they a website?
pss

Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Movers Have Been & Gone

Originally posted by lynnj
mind you the dog is spooked, he obviously sences that he is next.

Lynn
What fate's in store for the dog? We should be told.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah yes, i didnt word that very well did i, my bit at the bottom saying he departs on nov 17th doesnt help much either, but no my old 4 legged chum isnt being sent to doggy heaven he is Perth bound in his box via airpets and qantas, but he doesnt seem best pleased about it and is stuck to me like glue at the moment.

Lynn
Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:09 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by welshboybilly
pss

I have been dealing direct with [email protected] and I cannot enthuse about them enough.
The two men arrived this morning at 7.45 worked solidly until 2.30 I made them stop for 15 minutes at lunch for fish and chips and they had their coffees on the run They have dome almost all of our 4 bedroom 2 garage house just a few 'B' list items and the beds we are using plus a microwave and TV and a few odds and ends of the kitchenware to pack and crate tomorrow and the container will reach us they said about 10.00 and they will pack it in 2-3 hours. Great staff and friendly with it. As Lynn says our house looks so bare with the parcels and packages around the place. We were also told it was a tight load for a 20ft which is why we have a 'B; list but I do think we will be OK Avalon quoted me for a full container load and a further 750 cu ft. so this is how they make their money I am glad someone came up on the thread about how bad Avalon was and so I ignored them. The other companies I got quotes from also advised tight load. We only have 1 and 1/2 days in this empty house now and then we are gypsies until Monday at 12 noon Heathrow here we come :PARTY:
Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

After 2 days they have finally gone, everything fitted into the container and there was even a bit of space to spare after they had added in several large pieces of furniture that i didnt really bank on taking.

Can thoroughly recommend pss thus far, they quoted for 750 cubic whatsits but i knew i had underestimated what we would take and then there was the baby equipment i went out and bought, so we plumped for the 20 ft general purpose container which takes about 1050 but i still thought we'd be pushing it, a local company who gave me a quote called me up 2 weeks ago to ask why we werent using them i said because we had received a cheaper quote, he told me there was no way all our stuff would fit into a 20 footer and i'd be left with half my stuff in the driveway, so fortunately i ignored him and saved myself £1000 on his quote.

only 3 and a half weeks of living in an empty house to go, mind you the dog is spooked, he obviously sences that he is next.

Lynn
Bet youre excited now Lynn, think we'll give pss a ring nearer the time, months away yet

best of luck with everything
regards
rach
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Gotta agree with Lynn - we had PSS round just to find out exactly how much it was gonna cost us (we thought about £10,000) really had no idea - we also found the bloke stuffy but he knew exactly what was what so decided to use them (even though we got a long way off yet - just wanted to cost things up etc) Brilliant and quick to send estimate to reckons we should be ok with a 20ft (mind you we have aquired a few more things since then and decided to take Roberts castle and house from the garden) our quote for 20 ft was roughly £2,000)

Good luck Lynn Im gonna miss you when you go - we'll be looking forward to the stay in the garage when we come out!! - its ok Graham doesnt mind a cardboard box with Taz, Tessa & Pepsi!!!)

Drinks all round tonite as we GOT OUR TRA as well - after 6 looong bloody months (thats what happens when you marry a S African!!

Drinks for everyone tonite then

Kath

Last edited by Graham & Kath; Nov 4th 2003 at 5:13 am.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:19 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Lynn
So another one on the way. Where is it you are going again Lynn? I know you've said before but I've forgot, sorry.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Graham & Kath
Gotta agree with Lynn - we had PSS round just to find out exactly how much it was gonna cost us (we thought about £10,000) really had no idea - we also found the bloke stuffy but he knew exactly what was what so decided to use them (even though we got a long way off yet - just wanted to cost things up etc) Brilliant and quick to send estimate to reckons we should be ok with a 20ft (mind you we have aquired a few more things since then and decided to take Roberts castle and house from the garden) our quote for 20 ft was roughly £2,000)

Good luck Lynn Im gonna miss you when you go - we'll be looking forward to the stay in the garage when we come out!! - its ok Graham doesnt mind a cardboard box with Taz, Tessa & Pepsi!!!)

Drinks all round tonite as we GOT OUR TRA as well - after 6 looong bloody months (thats what happens when you marry a S African!!

Drinks for everyone tonite then

Kath
Hi Kath & Graham
congratulations on passing the tra stage after so long
bet that is a huge weight of your minds
best of luck with the next stage
rach & family
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Chippy

Its Perth, that remote city with flies and wind thst some would have you believe is hell on earth, but i'm looking forward to it, when are you off? Anytime soon? Is your other half any happier i remember you saying she was a bit down about leaving the family.

Lynn
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

god lynn i bet it all seems real now, ,my stomachs already churning at the thought of it all

arlene:scared: :scared:
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:22 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Chippy

Its Perth, that remote city with flies and wind thst some would have you believe is hell on earth, but i'm looking forward to it, when are you off? Anytime soon? Is your other half any happier i remember you saying she was a bit down about leaving the family.

Lynn
We're off to Brissie around springtime next year.

To be honest Mrs.Chippy is the type of person who will face it when I say to her, "right love we're going tomorrow."

Only then will the enormity of it all sink in. She is worried about leaving our eldest daughter (as am I) with a boyfriend who is a bit of a prick.