Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moved to Perth 1 month ago

Moved to Perth 1 month ago

Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:04 am
Just Joined

Caz-an-Felix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moved to Perth 1 month ago

Hello I moved to Perth a month ago now and have gone straight into a full time job so I have not made any friends. I had loads of friends back in the UK and feel really bored not going out, Same with my boyfriend. Any advice on how to meet new people? I am at Hillarys.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:36 am
Just Joined

alan_laura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moved to Perth 1 month ago

Hi Caz,

The only way to do it is to go to the meets that are orgainsed, join clubs, sports etc. The more you put yourself out there, the more chance you have of meeting people.

I know it can be daunting rocking up to meet a group of strangers, but we're all in the same boat!

Perth is a great place, but its hard to be anywhere without friends...

Good luck, and if you need someone to have a few beers with, yell, me and the other half are pretty sociable! ;-)

Laura
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Caz-an-Felix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey hun thanks for the comment.

It's just hard going to these meet ups as the ones I have found are during the day & I have a full time job lol.

it would be nice to go out with you and your partner one night! where abouts are you living? x
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

alan_laura is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Me and the other half both work full time too, so I know what you mean - i started a full time job the day after i landed in Perth! I was sooo tired for the forst couple of weeks!!

Have a look at PomsInPerth, its a great site to find meets on - and lots of them are evenings and weekends. Or, you can do what I do and orgainse your own. Decided where and when, put a post up telling people and invite anyone who fancies, I have met lots of lovely people this way!

I have also sent you a PM.

xx
Old Sep 19th 2008, 11:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

There's a meetup at King's Park on Sunday at 12 noon. Lots of newcomers this time, so you won't be the only ones. See the King's Park thread for details.