Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Move now or rent in UK for 6 months

Move now or rent in UK for 6 months

Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light
Question Move now or rent in UK for 6 months

SOLD our house today and all looks good to move out in 4 to 6 weeks, i wanted to stay with family for a month and fly out early December but my wife wants to rent for 6 months to have time to sort out things . We have somewhere to stay with family for a while and a couple of job offers to tie us over till we get the jobs we want. Is December a bad time to turn up and would it be sensible to move out next May and take our time or should we just get on the plane and get started. The only big bonus coming later is less time till we get the bond back. Anyone got any tips on what to do

Mark and Jo
Old Sep 20th 2005, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

avroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really nice
Default Re: Move now or rent in UK for 6 months

Originally Posted by greggsy
SOLD our house today and all looks good to move out in 4 to 6 weeks, i wanted to stay with family for a month and fly out early December but my wife wants to rent for 6 months to have time to sort out things . We have somewhere to stay with family for a while and a couple of job offers to tie us over till we get the jobs we want. Is December a bad time to turn up and would it be sensible to move out next May and take our time or should we just get on the plane and get started. The only big bonus coming later is less time till we get the bond back. Anyone got any tips on what to do

Mark and Jo
JUST DO IT!

We could have stayed and saved some more, but it's all about starting you new life. Plus if you wait then you will have to wait another year for summer. Get on that plane!!!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:28 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avroncotton
JUST DO IT!

We could have stayed and saved some more, but it's all about starting you new life. Plus if you wait then you will have to wait another year for summer. Get on that plane!!!
stay for 6 months if you can and sort everything that needs doing.

If you dont have much to sort then go for it.

We re staying around til july so i can watch the world cup with my mates before we go,.
Everyone has their own excuses. think what the pluses and negs of moving now nd then and write them down.

We want one more xmas here to. Its all about quality time with friends and family now as we have been boring and visa worrying for threlast year, so now its time to parrrrttttyyy!!!!!

good luck

al
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

If I had the choice I would arrive in time for summer - not winter (as we did to our detriment).
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
If I had the choice I would arrive in time for summer - not winter (as we did to our detriment).
please can you remind me the month where winter is ending and spring is starting because that's when i'd like to move so that the kids can climatise gradually,
thanx,Lynn
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

avroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
please can you remind me the month where winter is ending and spring is starting because that's when i'd like to move so that the kids can climatise gradually,
thanx,Lynn
Sept. 1st.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by avroncotton
Sept. 1st.
cheers
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by greggsy

Mark and Jo

If there are kids involved then perhaps you should be thinking of trying to get out to Oz before there school term starts in January (i think)