Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

move to australia from uk newbie any help!

move to australia from uk newbie any help!

Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: move to australia from uk newbie any help!

Originally Posted by toesaresandy
I've read all of the replies. Assuming you have read mine you should be able to read between the lines and know that I am not referring to the 457 information already provided but comments like these:

"Have they started showing 'Wanted down under' again?"

that create comments like these:

"I'm not so hypersensitive i just dont see the point in you commenting silly jokes if its nothing to help. "

"Chances you'll ever live in Aus are slim to non-existant."

A PM

"PMs aren't meant to be used to send nasty little messages"

"Chill"
Its a forum. If people don't like the humour alongside the facts they don't have to be members.
The OP has been given a huge amount of help from some of our members, and some from yourself, and while dishing out help to newbies we try to draw them into the community. That's how we all started on BE.

As for the nasty PM you refer to -
Please forward any nasty PMs to me. PMs are NOT to be used for nasty messages and people have been banned in the past for doing this. However if they are not forwarded to a Moderator we cannot take any action as we are naturally unable to read other people's messages.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of advice on visas, but just as important, would you actually want to live here?

Vacation. Several weeks or as many as possible, cheap campervan hire, see the places you think think you might want to live. Go in the worst season, summer, if you can handle that the rest of the year would be in the bag.

Can think of more than one family on this forum that returned in 6 months after coming out sight unseen. An excruciatingly expensive experience and jobs, homes, education and cars all tossed out only to go back again. Also the family angle, you close to extended family? Unfortunately seeing them on a computer is not the same and its' only a days flight away' gets lost when you see the price of airfares here.

Look and see if you even like the place first.
Old Nov 16th 2015, 7:13 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Just so you all know this poster has < snip > in the NZ forum too:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...or-job-867951/

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 16th 2015 at 11:01 pm. Reason: Nothing bad as such. Simply trying to calm troubled waters.
Old Nov 16th 2015, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute