Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

move to australia from uk newbie any help!

move to australia from uk newbie any help!

Old Nov 13th 2015, 7:55 am
Just Joined

michellekelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: move to australia from uk newbie any help!

Its definately nt a sponsored visa they said so it must be a different one they can get.
Is it hard to find work ?
Old Nov 13th 2015, 7:56 am
Just Joined

They also said i could sponsor myself if i have my own business there
Old Nov 13th 2015, 8:01 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michellekelly
I think you need to get better advice.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have also spoken to visamigrate.com they have said i would have to to show 5 yrs manager experience with a reference and take a test, if i scored enough i could go anywere in aus if not only northern.
I am not just a beauty therapist i can do alot of jobs with this qual,
Massage therapist
Salon manager
Vocational teacher

They also said i would need to apply for a 457 permanent visa costing family around 2400 they never mentioned sponsored visa

Count me if this us all wrong info
A 457 IS a sponsored visa. Its temporary for 4 years. You need to find an employer willing to sponsor you.
As Verystormy said earlier you will have to be sponsored, either by an employer or by the Northern Territory (as they are the only one with your skills on their list at present). Doesn't matter what you score on any agent's test, those are the facts.

Also just to clarify i only wanted to work out there 12 months first to see if i can settle, if i like it and would then continue my stay
To clarify is temporary 4 yrs stay if so thats not a problem ?
If you want to come for 12 months then if you are under 31 you could come WITHOUT the family on a working holiday visa.
To come out for 12 months WITH the family you would need to get the longer term visas we have discussed throughout the thread. There isn't a 12 month option. A 457 can be issued for any period up to 4 years.

It is theoretically possible to sponsor yourself on a 457 visa BUT you have to meet various criteria and it is not something to be undertaken lightly. Its been mentioned on here a couple of times but no-one has actually gone through with it. You need a VERY good MARA registered agent - possibly have a chat with George Lombard or Alan Collett.
I have to say though, based on what you've said so far, I don't think it would be an option for you.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:23 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Either they aren't giving you the best advice or you are hearing what you want to hear.

457 - employer sponsored visa. Means you have to find an employer to sponsor you for this visa, and to do so, they have to prove to Australian government that they can't find anyone qualified in Australia to do that job.
If you manage all that, you are tied to that employer and if things go tits up, you have 90 days to find another sponsor or leave the country.

Now, state sponsorship, NT, might sponsor you but would you find work is another question. Never mind that's the most remote part of Australia and therefore very expensive.

I wish you good look but you really need to take in what is said. No lawyer can help, you need a MARA registered agent with solid experience and reputation.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:27 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A 457 IS a sponsored visa. Its temporary for 4 years. You need to find an employer willing to sponsor you.
As Verystormy said earlier you will have to be sponsored, either by an employer or by the Northern Territory (as they are the only one with your skills on their list at present). Doesn't matter what you score on any agent's test, those are the facts.

If you want to come for 12 months then if you are under 31 you could come WITHOUT the family on a working holiday visa.
To come out for 12 months WITH the family you would need to get the longer term visas we have discussed throughout the thread. There isn't a 12 month option. A 457 can be issued for any period up to 4 years.

It is theoretically possible to sponsor yourself on a 457 visa BUT you have to meet various criteria and it is not something to be undertaken lightly. Its been mentioned on here a couple of times but no-one has actually gone through with it. You need a VERY good MARA registered agent - possibly have a chat with George Lombard or Alan Collett.
I have to say though, based on what you've said so far, I don't think it would be an option for you.
Snap
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:55 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michelle. it really is all about getting a visa which purely boils down to work and where you can get it. Concentrate on that and the rest can fall into place afterwards.

If you do have a bit of dosh of the size that would enable you to open your own business then that is also another visa opportunity.

Good luck.

Incidentally I am very impressed with Verystormy's knowledge of the beauty industry. Here was me thinking he was a mere geologist.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:00 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Incidentally I am very impressed with Verystormy's knowledge of the beauty industry. Here was me thinking he was a mere geologist.
Rocks are beautiful, too!
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:43 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Rocks are beautiful, too!
Ooh they are! Both my niece and I have a huge collection of shiny ones
Old Nov 13th 2015, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone and geordie what that suppose to me??
Old Nov 13th 2015, 11:25 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone and geordie what that suppose to me??
OK, as painful as it is explaining a joke ...

Verystormy is a goelogist ... deals with rocks. It was a link between Bix's post and your OP.

Genuine good luck to you in Aus if you're so hypersensitive.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Im not so hypersensitive i just dont see the point in you commenting silly jokes if its nothing to help.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 11:32 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Im not so hypersensitive i just dont see the point in you commenting silly jokes if its nothing to help.
Quite. Commenting about the cost of living in the NT is entirely irrelevant.

Like I said, good luck to you. Chances you'll ever live in Aus are slim to non-existant.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Y is it irrelevant wanting to know the cost of living in aus wen i live in the uk and before i make a move across the world im trying to find out answers like everyone else who has moved here!!
Y are my chances slim for what reasons millions of brits travel here every year!
Old Nov 13th 2015, 11:50 am
Home and Happy

That's what forums are all about, a bit of light-heartedness in with good information - helps to keep some of us sane!

I have approved your post in the Jobs forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.