Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mountain Creek High

Mountain Creek High

Old May 20th 2004, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about
Default Mountain Creek High

Can anyone tell me how far out the catchment area for mountain creek high is.

there website does not give any detail

Thanks
Old May 21st 2004, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Bump!
Old May 21st 2004, 10:53 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mountain Creek High

Hi jwinch

This is a bit vague I'm afraid, but as far as I know their catchment area is bordered roughly by Buderim Pines and Buderim Meadows. I think the Sunshine Coast motorway is the cut-off point to the east, and the Nicklin Bridge to the south. Hope this helps

Andy

Originally posted by jwinch

Thanks
Old May 21st 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mountain Creek High

Thanks

Have recently enquired with the school myself. Here's part of the response I received.

"In order to enrol at our school, you must live with our zone. Very briefly, the suburbs include all of Mooloolaba, all of Minyama, the northern parts of Buddina, all of Mountain Creek and the southern parts of Buderim. You will need to check with us regarding any address in Buddina and Buderim."

Where are you off to?
Old May 21st 2004, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

We are looking at acerage in buderim area, nothing definate yet though. We will have to rent for a while.

If we rent in the area and later buy outside the catchment will the children have to leave the school ?
Old May 21st 2004, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

We are looking at acerage in buderim area, nothing definate yet though. We will have to rent for a while.

If we rent in the area and later buy outside the catchment will the children have to leave the school ?
I wouldn't have thought they'd make you take your child out of school if you move out of the area. If that had been the case when I was in primary school, I would have attended quite a few. My folks never stayed in the same house for more than a couple of years!

Sounds like we'll be neighbours. When are you off?
Old May 21st 2004, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

We are off on the 6th June to validate and have a look round. We hope to have the house ready to put on the market by the end of July.

We will go as soon as the sale goes through. When do youhope to go ?
Old May 21st 2004, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

We are off on the 6th June to validate and have a look round. We hope to have the house ready to put on the market by the end of July.

We will go as soon as the sale goes through. When do youhope to go ?
Waiting to exchange on the house. Hopefully be there by end of July.
Old May 21st 2004, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Off2Oz
I wouldn't have thought they'd make you take your child out of school if you move out of the area. If that had been the case when I was in primary school, I would have attended quite a few. My folks never stayed in the same house for more than a couple of years!

Sounds like we'll be neighbours. When are you off?
You don't have to move your child from the school if you move house, we asked this at our visit.

The receptionist told us to get hold of a rental agreement from somewhere if we wanted to enrol our son! Apparently people just pretend to rent, get a dodgy agreement to get their child into the school!

The starting times are a bit odd at the school, as early as 7.30 am for the older ones, but it does seem to be the best state High around. Though the size of it put me off, too many kids milling around for my liking! It is streets ahead of the other 2 comps near me though, they have pretty bad reputations and the kids are quite rough.