Wikiposts

mountain creek

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

geordiekaz will become famous soon enough
Smile mountain creek

Advice needed!!
we are looking to settle in the mountain creek area after visiting earlier this year and would like to know if anyone has children in the local school there, we have heard it's supposed be quite good but need as much info as poss as we are going to court in a couple of months (been married before and need courts permission to take children to oz!!! long story and a bloody nightmare!!!) the courts want to know everything! what the school is like, standards, results etc. Any comments would help, good or bad or even another school nearby which is good. Kids are 10 and 8 when we travel next May. Hopefully that is!!
Karen
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mountain creek

Originally Posted by geordiekaz
Advice needed!!
we are looking to settle in the mountain creek area after visiting earlier this year and would like to know if anyone has children in the local school there, we have heard it's supposed be quite good but need as much info as poss as we are going to court in a couple of months (been married before and need courts permission to take children to oz!!! long story and a bloody nightmare!!!) the courts want to know everything! what the school is like, standards, results etc. Any comments would help, good or bad or even another school nearby which is good. Kids are 10 and 8 when we travel next May. Hopefully that is!!
Karen

Sorry Karen - I don't know anything that can help, but have sent some karma... good luck!

S
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
Sorry Karen - I don't know anything that can help, but have sent some karma... good luck!

S
Thankyou, I think we may need it!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Advice needed!!
Karen
Hi

If its important to you to find out abt this school for the courts purposes, if you know the name of the school, why dont you email, write or phone them and ask if they would send you the yearly results, statistics, and other info etc.You could offer to pay the postage costs of course

Just an idea - it might be the best way to get 'written' info for the courts!

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:56 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Advice needed!!
Karen
Hi Karen

We live in Buderim which is slap bang next to Mountain Creek. My eldest two (13 &16) go to Mt Creek High which so far has been really good. Both my lads feel the school has really good behaviour. We're really pleased with their progress & they're really happy there.
Our daughter (10) goes to Buderim Mountain State School. Depending on exactly where you live, your kids may end up either at Mt Creek Primary or Buderim Mountain State School. We found a rental within the Mt Creek High School zone & just assumed our daughter would go to Mt Creek Primary. But alas found out we weren't within the zone so she ended up at Buderim. She's happy there and we're pleased with the standard of education she's recieving.

I can't comment on Mt Creek Primary...maybe like 'da boss' says maybe email them??

hope this helps...if you want any more info...fire away
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: mountain creek

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Hi

If its important to you to find out abt this school for the courts purposes, if you know the name of the school, why dont you email, write or phone them and ask if they would send you the yearly results, statistics, and other info etc.You could offer to pay the postage costs of course

Just an idea - it might be the best way to get 'written' info for the courts!

Name of the school is "mountain creek state school" I have been on the web site got some info but just wanted some first hand info from anyone who has kids attending. The courts ask alot of questions and just wanted some feed back on how they find it personally. I might do as you suggest and give the school a ring see if they can send something over. Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: mountain creek

Originally Posted by artep
Hi Karen

We live in Buderim which is slap bang next to Mountain Creek. My eldest two (13 &16) go to Mt Creek High which so far has been really good. Both my lads feel the school has really good behaviour. We're really pleased with their progress & they're really happy there.
Our daughter (10) goes to Buderim Mountain State School. Depending on exactly where you live, your kids may end up either at Mt Creek Primary or Buderim Mountain State School. We found a rental within the Mt Creek High School zone & just assumed our daughter would go to Mt Creek Primary. But alas found out we weren't within the zone so she ended up at Buderim. She's happy there and we're pleased with the standard of education she's recieving.

I can't comment on Mt Creek Primary...maybe like 'da boss' says maybe email them??

hope this helps...if you want any more info...fire away
It's just good to hear personnel opinions, school web sites give you an idea but it's always best to hear comments from moms and dads who have children there. Never thought about Buderim, think I'll have a look at that one aswell and send a few e.mails this afternoon. Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:11 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

It's just good to hear personnel opinions, school web sites give you an idea but it's always best to hear comments from moms and dads who have children there. Never thought about Buderim, think I'll have a look at that one aswell and send a few e.mails this afternoon. Thanks
You're welcome! It's very hard to get a good idea of what a school is like from their website. They don't have league tables etc here to give you an idea on how a school is performing.

BTW bear in mind the schools here have today broken up for a 2 week holiday so you may not get any response for a while!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by artep
You're welcome! It's very hard to get a good idea of what a school is like from their website. They don't have league tables etc here to give you an idea on how a school is performing.

BTW bear in mind the schools here have today broken up for a 2 week holiday so you may not get any response for a while!
didn't know that, thanks again and i'll ring them up in a couple of weeks.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:25 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Advice needed!!
Karen
Hi GUys,

We have been looking at schools as we have just been here 3 days !!! We are going to have a look at Mountain Creek in a week or so as they are holidays..... Will let you know
!!
Jane
XX
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi GUys,

We have been looking at schools as we have just been here 3 days !!! We are going to have a look at Mountain Creek in a week or so as they are holidays..... Will let you know
!!
Jane
XX
Thanks Jane that would be great
Karen
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

itstheculture is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my first post since we arrived last year! Been a little busy. But, couldn't ignore your post. Without exactly disclosing how, who knows, it may be unprofessional, I have a pretty good knowedge of MCSHS. I also know quite a few of the others from around there and south towards Brisbane. But I know Mountain Creek best. If you can get your children in there, then do it. It has an excellent reputation which, in my opinion, is justified. My children are older but, if I was going to have anything to do with a school around that area, it would be Mountain Creek. Your children will find it quite different in some ways. The curriculum is unlike the uk. But students are very supportive of each other. There are masses of extra curricular opportunities and staff are great.
Good luck. Schooling is a big deal for immigrants, I know, but I really think with Mountain Creek it will be one less thing to worry about.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by itstheculture
This is my first post since we arrived last year! Been a little busy. But, couldn't ignore your post. Without exactly disclosing how, who knows, it may be unprofessional, I have a pretty good knowedge of MCSHS. I also know quite a few of the others from around there and south towards Brisbane. But I know Mountain Creek best. If you can get your children in there, then do it. It has an excellent reputation which, in my opinion, is justified. My children are older but, if I was going to have anything to do with a school around that area, it would be Mountain Creek. Your children will find it quite different in some ways. The curriculum is unlike the uk. But students are very supportive of each other. There are masses of extra curricular opportunities and staff are great.
Good luck. Schooling is a big deal for immigrants, I know, but I really think with Mountain Creek it will be one less thing to worry about.
Great!! Thankyou, it's really good to hear positive comments from people who have kids there. This is very helpful to us in being able to talk to the courts about where we intend to send the kids.
Thanks
karen
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Advice needed!!
Karen
Hi Karen

We have been living here for 7 months and I have 1 child at the Mountain Creek Primary School and 2 at the High School across the road.

The Primary school, where your kids would be going has about 1200 pupils. In the Uk my kids went to a village school with just 140 kids in total so I was a bit apprehensive but after reading all the good reports on here I had decided this was the school I wanted them to go.

I have to say that I have been pretty impressed with the school from day 1.When we arrived my 6 year old and my 11 year old started there and they loved it straight away. It does not feel a big school at all and there is a great atmosphere. The teachers call you by your first name and were very welcoming. At the beginning I helped out with reading etc in my youngest sons class and it gave me a great insight as to what they were doing. They do teach differently here and they have a different emphasis. They really encourage each child to build up their confidence and concentrate on their strengths. Good behaviour and manners are paramount. They are really into public speaking and the children take it in turns to speak at the assemblies etc

When we came here my 6 year old could hardly read and his writing was pretty poor, well now he reads fluently and has lovely clear writing.Although I have to say they don't seem to work so hard on the maths but I think this comes later as my older sons say their maths is quite demanding.They have had some great trips out to the beach and to a day camp on the forest and he loves it.

There is also an excellent after school club and vacation club on the site which is great if you are working.

Anyway, if there is anything else you want to know just let me know.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Karen

We have been living here for 7 months and I have 1 child at the Mountain Creek Primary School and 2 at the High School across the road.

The Primary school, where your kids would be going has about 1200 pupils. In the Uk my kids went to a village school with just 140 kids in total so I was a bit apprehensive but after reading all the good reports on here I had decided this was the school I wanted them to go.

I have to say that I have been pretty impressed with the school from day 1.When we arrived my 6 year old and my 11 year old started there and they loved it straight away. It does not feel a big school at all and there is a great atmosphere. The teachers call you by your first name and were very welcoming. At the beginning I helped out with reading etc in my youngest sons class and it gave me a great insight as to what they were doing. They do teach differently here and they have a different emphasis. They really encourage each child to build up their confidence and concentrate on their strengths. Good behaviour and manners are paramount. They are really into public speaking and the children take it in turns to speak at the assemblies etc

When we came here my 6 year old could hardly read and his writing was pretty poor, well now he reads fluently and has lovely clear writing.Although I have to say they don't seem to work so hard on the maths but I think this comes later as my older sons say their maths is quite demanding.They have had some great trips out to the beach and to a day camp on the forest and he loves it.

There is also an excellent after school club and vacation club on the site which is great if you are working.

Anyway, if there is anything else you want to know just let me know.
Thats excellent, it's really good to hear and gives us confidence when talking about it to the powers that be!! It makes us more determined to follow this through and we are making the right decision. Thankyou
Karen