Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mount Gravatt, Morningside, Sunnybanks or near by

Mount Gravatt, Morningside, Sunnybanks or near by

Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:30 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mount Gravatt, Morningside, Sunnybanks or near by

I've asked alot about other places in Brisbane in the past, but Diddy, my other half is probably gonna go to Uni at Mount Gravatt. As a family with three yr old twins, what are these areas like?

Ta,

Paul.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 7:59 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mount Gravatt, Morningside, Sunnybanks or near by

Originally Posted by diddy
I've asked alot about other places in Brisbane in the past, but Diddy, my other half is probably gonna go to Uni at Mount Gravatt. As a family with three yr old twins, what are these areas like?

Ta,

Paul.
Well I think you need to visit the areas concerned to form your own opinion, Mt Gravatt is nice but tehe other areas would not be my cup of tea. However all are on pretty good travel connections to the city

I personally would go a little further out to somewhere like Eight Mile Plains etc but that is only my opinion.

If you do a google search on these places you will find a bit more info

PJ
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Hi I live in Mt Gravatt East and it's a typical middle class suburb with a mix of old Quenslander houses and new estates which are built on the acreage that surrounded the origional Queenslanders. Reasonable access to the city (I'm 11kms away) by car and a good bus service to the city but no trains.

Lots of potential to buy old homes and do them up but most (but not all) of the new houses are on small plots as their is a lot of infill houseing being built.

Plenty of shopping centres the main ones being Carindale and Garden City. I'd say the average price of a 3 bedroom home on 500sqmt plot is $350-400,000.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:42 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
Hi I live in Mt Gravatt East and it's a typical middle class suburb with a mix of old Quenslander houses and new estates which are built on the acreage that surrounded the origional Queenslanders. Reasonable access to the city (I'm 11kms away) by car and a good bus service to the city but no trains.

Lots of potential to buy old homes and do them up but most (but not all) of the new houses are on small plots as their is a lot of infill houseing being built.

Plenty of shopping centres the main ones being Carindale and Garden City. I'd say the average price of a 3 bedroom home on 500sqmt plot is $350-400,000.
Thanks Mate.

One of my biggest issues in moving to Oz is that my Mrs doesn't drive and we have three yr old twins. How easy is it to get around to places, even walk, when not having a car?

Thanks,

Paul.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by diddy
Thanks Mate.

One of my biggest issues in moving to Oz is that my Mrs doesn't drive and we have three yr old twins. How easy is it to get around to places, even walk, when not having a car?

Thanks,

Paul.
When you first arrive I would think walking anywhere would be a nightmare as the weather here is so hot most of the time, but after you've been here a bit you start to get used to it. All the busses have storage for prams and some even are wheelchair accessable which makes it a doddle with a pram.

Public transport in Brisbane is very good I rarely drive into the city but use the bus all the time. Where I live their are busses every 30 minutes (during the week at least) one goes to Carindale one goes to Garden city where you then change to express busses into the city.

When I first arrived I lived quite successfully in Coorparoo without a car for about 9 months because it's on a main bus route and it's got a railway station so you just have to be more selective about where you live. Public transport here is extensive and cheap so long as you don't live on one of these huge new estates that don't have much infrastrusture yet.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:45 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

Thanks Paul.