Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

motoring offences

motoring offences

Old May 18th 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light
Question motoring offences

filling out my visa application and just wondered if motoring offences (points) count in the question:

Have you been convicted of a crime or offence in any country?

sorry if it's a silly question

Old May 18th 2004, 6:48 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! I may be wrong, but I think no. unless of course you had a motoring offence that resulted in another offence. otherwise I believe that a motoring offence would just come up when you apply for an Oz liscense.
Old May 18th 2004, 7:37 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: motoring offences

Originally posted by mysnix
filling out my visa application and just wondered if motoring offences (points) count in the question:

Have you been convicted of a crime or offence in any country?

sorry if it's a silly question

Not entirely sure but I think being convicted would involve being up in court for an offence. Points for speeding (as long as you haven't been prosecuted) are probably not worth mentioning.
Old May 18th 2004, 9:30 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

they dont count, you'll be glad to hear. isn't it something to do with them not being criminal offences but civil or something? Anyway, i had a ban a few years back and my agent said not to put it on as it didn't count... yippeee.

oh yeah and it involved courts and layers and all that scary stuff.

Last edited by scutterUK; May 18th 2004 at 9:33 pm.
Old May 18th 2004, 9:35 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by callë
Hi! I may be wrong, but I think no. unless of course you had a motoring offence that resulted in another offence. otherwise I believe that a motoring offence would just come up when you apply for an Oz liscense.
...and the even better news is you start out with a clean ozzie licence..... bonus!
Old May 18th 2004, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a ban years ago for boozin & cruisin, my agent said best to declare it, I got visa'ed up ok!

Phil.

ps it was a v. stoopid thing to do & I was young & stoopid. (now I am old & stoopid)
Old May 19th 2004, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by scutterUK
...and the even better news is you start out with a clean ozzie licence..... bonus!

You'll be doing well to keep it clean. Bloody multa novas
Old May 19th 2004, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that everyone!!

Old May 19th 2004, 9:43 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by Nibbs
You'll be doing well to keep it clean. Bloody multa novas

well i never said it would stay clean......