Reload this Page >

Motorcycle Trade

Motorcycle Trade

Old May 21st 2008, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Nettles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motorcycle Trade

Hi,

Does anyone out there know much about the motorbike trade in Victoria or Sydney area? Bit of background: I have the strong possibility of a job in either Sydney or Melbourne and have been longing to get back to Oz since leaving 10 years ago after a year out there. If it was just me I'd be out there with no hesitation, but there is now other half and two boys (2 and 5) to consider. OH has his own motorcycle business in the UK, basically buying and selling all types of bikes, doing any work required and is really happy with how it is going. He doesn't think that there is the opportunity in Oz for the same business. I'm trying to persuade him to give it a try but he is adamant there is no call for it. Does anyone having any information/advice that may help?

Many thanks, Annette
Old May 21st 2008, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice
Default Re: Motorcycle Trade

Hi

What type of visa are you after.Do you have qualifications in what you do?

nevsy
Old May 21st 2008, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Nettles is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nevsy,

My work is totally unrelated to my OH, I'm in the horse racing industry and have made enquiries with a sister company about a position in Oz and they were very positive. It's very early stages and I'm assuming I would get sponsorship from them for me and my family.

Annette
Old May 21st 2008, 11:05 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Hi Annette,
I work in a bike shop on the central coast, wages are pretty poor up here but in Sydney I would be on over $1000 a week take home.
I,m looking into buying some salvage bikes to make into a track/road bike for me & selling others on, I've been told you can only sell 4 bikes a year before you have to register as a trader but you can put them in family & friends names.
Talking to peeps who do this they say they buy a lot of parts from ebay USA as much cheaper/more available.
motorcycledisposals.com.au & manheimfowles.com.au are some good sites to find salvage.
Cheers Sim