motorbikes!!!

Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:07 pm
Badge

Default motorbikes!!!

well I've been flying in WA and NSW, got a WA truck license (Heavy Rigid - the test in Perth was a close call ) and UK car license - and ive been workin' in a bike shop since last week.

so, on to the other modes of transport - to kill time here in the UK I'm gonna do CBT and get me an Aprilla RS125cc or summat...
(my brother will kill me when he finds out how many miles I've stuck on his car since he's been in the gulf...and I will need to seek alternative modes of transport..)

now...whats the go with "CBT" and bike tests in Aussie!!!??? engine size restrictions?? do they have them?

Should I wait to take the test there? ie somewhere in remote WA where I push my bike out of the yard to pass or summat!!

Here I have to pass a test to ride anything bigger than a 125//14 odd bhp..

thanks in advance

badgers

Old Aug 11th 2003, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Badger it looks like you have to do 2, 4 hour sessions of training/testing at your local driving test centre, but this seems to change from state to state.

What bike shop are you at in Twickers

Colin
Old Aug 11th 2003, 12:14 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: motorbikes!!!

Originally posted by badgersmount
well I've been flying in WA and NSW, got a WA truck license (Heavy Rigid - the test in Perth was a close call ) and UK car license - and ive been workin' in a bike shop since last week.

so, on to the other modes of transport - to kill time here in the UK I'm gonna do CBT and get me an Aprilla RS125cc or summat...
(my brother will kill me when he finds out how many miles I've stuck on his car since he's been in the gulf...and I will need to seek alternative modes of transport..)

now...whats the go with "CBT" and bike tests in Aussie!!!??? engine size restrictions?? do they have them?

Should I wait to take the test there? ie somewhere in remote WA where I push my bike out of the yard to pass or summat!!

Here I have to pass a test to ride anything bigger than a 125//14 odd bhp..

thanks in advance

badgers
I dont want to sound like a lecturing old fart (which i'm not!) but as a former british bike instructor and all round general bike fanatic, PLEASE don't skimp on training, it could save your life!!!
there are so many careless "other" road users who never even think about bikes, let alone see them!!!
Ride safe and enjoy!

RS 125?......................a rocketship of a scooter! get yer knee down!!
Old Aug 11th 2003, 12:51 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by garrisondamn
I dont want to sound like a lecturing old fart (which i'm not!) but as a former british bike instructor and all round general bike fanatic, PLEASE don't skimp on training, it could save your life!!!
there are so many careless "other" road users who never even think about bikes, let alone see them!!!
Ride safe and enjoy!

RS 125?......................a rocketship of a scooter! get yer knee down!!
RS125? Don't waste your time. Pass your test here and move onto a 600 straight away. Something like a Fazer for six months or so will get you started. Move onto something bigger if you are confident.
Live to ride, you just can't beat it.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:17 pm
Badge

Originally posted by chippy
RS125? Don't waste your time. Pass your test here and move onto a 600 straight away. Something like a Fazer for six months or so will get you started. Move onto something bigger if you are confident.
Live to ride, you just can't beat it.

but...I dont eant to buy a 600 - and I dont necessarily want to pass HERE on a 600 - I want to know if it is cheaper , (easier?) in Aus...

to pass on a 600 ("Direct access") presumably I need experience on bigger bikes- which means buying a 600 - and then I have to sell it to go to aus.

my point is is getting some initial experience on a 125 then going over...ive only ever ridden ag bikes.

Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:42 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by badgersmount
but...I dont eant to buy a 600 - and I dont necessarily want to pass HERE on a 600 - I want to know if it is cheaper , (easier?) in Aus...

to pass on a 600 ("Direct access") presumably I need experience on bigger bikes- which means buying a 600 - and then I have to sell it to go to aus.

my point is is getting some initial experience on a 125 then going over...ive only ever ridden ag bikes.
You can take your test on a 39 bhp max bike (5 or 600cc) supplied by the instructors, you don't have to buy one.

The bike test here is pretty stringent and will set you back at least £500. Good luck with whatever way you want to do it.

Power, power....more power.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:56 pm
Badge

Originally posted by chippy
You can take your test on a 39 bhp max bike (5 or 600cc) supplied by the instructors, you don't have to buy one.

The bike test here is pretty stringent and will set you back at least £500. Good luck with whatever way you want to do it.

Power, power....more power.
thanks Chippy. Looks like I will wait until I get back 'home'. I will do the CBT just to gain some modicum of experience anyhow.

cheers