Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Motorbike Thread

The Motorbike Thread

Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Motorbike Thread

Originally Posted by simnmax
http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/vehic...067084/lotid-0
Anybody fancy chipping in to buy this???
I wish!!!

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Oct 8th 2010, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/vehic...067084/lotid-0
Anybody fancy chipping in to buy this???
Link doesn't work for me.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:34 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Link doesn't work for me.
Probably just as well!!
its a slightly damaged Ducati Desmocedici RR, I've onl seen one on the road in Sydney, it sounded awesome!
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Hi bikers,

It's a weird day for me today.....my Hornet is now sold, just gave the keys to the new owner, sad day, like part of me missing.....

BUT, on the other hand, I'm closer to OZ (and hence the reason for selling), so its kinda exciting that the time to move is coming closer, but at the same time I'm missing the bike like hell!

Oh well, that's life, guess you can't have it all! Now it will be another 3 to 6 months until I get another one.

In the mean time, I'm going around with one like THIS ....Don't laugh OK....its very frustrating but I prefer than the bus!!!

Darn, its so depressing driving it
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B1K3R
Hi bikers,

It's a weird day for me today.....my Hornet is now sold, just gave the keys to the new owner, sad day, like part of me missing.....

BUT, on the other hand, I'm closer to OZ (and hence the reason for selling), so its kinda exciting that the time to move is coming closer, but at the same time I'm missing the bike like hell!

Oh well, that's life, guess you can't have it all! Now it will be another 3 to 6 months until I get another one.

In the mean time, I'm going around with one like THIS ....Don't laugh OK....its very frustrating but I prefer than the bus!!!

Darn, its so depressing driving it

Nice Yammy. It's not that bad.

Still got to get a job before we can splash on a new bike here.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all

Hello all, I will be coming out as soon as we have sold the house and I will put the R1 in the container, this is not open for negotiation as if I sell it I will worry that I will not end up with another and secondly I could not bear to part with it.
I will be honest and say that I have not read all this thread but is it really that bad to bring it over?
I was hoping to put it in the container and fill out some forms and part with some cash.
I aim to do a trackday or two as well to hopefully meet some new freinds as well.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moriarty711
Hello all, I will be coming out as soon as we have sold the house and I will put the R1 in the container, this is not open for negotiation as if I sell it I will worry that I will not end up with another and secondly I could not bear to part with it.
I will be honest and say that I have not read all this thread but is it really that bad to bring it over?
I was hoping to put it in the container and fill out some forms and part with some cash.
I aim to do a trackday or two as well to hopefully meet some new freinds as well.
I wish I brought my bike over. I brought my car and it cost a fair bit. If you can afford it, then get it packed into the crate with your stuff. There are costs associated on this side for the bike.

Have you had it more than 12 months?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all

I've had it over 12 months so not a problem, just can't think of selling it!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moriarty711
I've had it over 12 months so not a problem, just can't think of selling it!
Then you must get an Vehicle Import approval certificate from Australia first otherwise it won't be let into Oz. Takes about 3 weeks.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...ral/index.aspx
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I went and rode a V-Strom 650 this morning and a GSX650F (which is basically a bandit with a full fairing).

It's very comfortable and very upright, ideal for touring.

http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/...strom-650.html

Suzuki have a special on for November where they pay 12 months rego , CTP insurance and stamp duty etc...saving you a good few hundred $$$$. The dealer prices are actually about $250 - $400 cheaper than the website prices.

http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/...bike-sale.html

I'm keen to buy it as I've booked to do my instructors course next week and I think it will be a suitable bike for all day riding.

Last edited by Alfresco; Nov 15th 2010 at 1:43 am.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:54 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

which one do you prefer?
I've worked at 2 suzuki dealers & seen several vstroms which had been around the world 2 up, or ridden around australia with no major problems.
As you say they are very comfy for all day riding & can handle offroad a lot better than gsxf650.
I enquired about becoming an instructor but most work was on weekends so didn't fancy it.
have fun
Sim
Old Nov 15th 2010, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

which one do you prefer?
I've worked at 2 suzuki dealers & seen several vstroms which had been around the world 2 up, or ridden around australia with no major problems.
As you say they are very comfy for all day riding & can handle offroad a lot better than gsxf650.
I enquired about becoming an instructor but most work was on weekends so didn't fancy it.
have fun
Sim
Going for the V-Strom. It's more upright and comfy. Can load it as well if need be.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

while were on the issue of Vehicle import approval , im planning now for my move to perth with my bike, its going in the container, no issues there, and assume i'll be granted the Import approval which allows it to be released from customs to me, what im unsure about is the Personal Import scheme..... ive got all the bumph on it and it says you can import if youve owned for 12 months etc etc etc and intend to be permanently resident there but then has a points scheme you must satisfy, but as i see it i cant get enough poinst because i dont live there yet? It lists employers letter, aussie telephone contract, bank,mortgage , rental etc etc, have emailed them and they are err rather slow to respond.

Anyone else done this on here and did it go to plan? Not trying to hi jack your thread guys, just getting frustrated cos i cannot leave my bike behind, too much of my life is in it!
Attached Thumbnails The Motorbike Thread-almost-there-001-large-.jpg  
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Going for the V-Strom. It's more upright and comfy. Can load it as well if need be.
Hey, that's awesome mate, bet you are very excited!!!

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris1386
while were on the issue of Vehicle import approval , im planning now for my move to perth with my bike, its going in the container, no issues there, and assume i'll be granted the Import approval which allows it to be released from customs to me, what im unsure about is the Personal Import scheme..... ive got all the bumph on it and it says you can import if youve owned for 12 months etc etc etc and intend to be permanently resident there but then has a points scheme you must satisfy, but as i see it i cant get enough poinst because i dont live there yet? It lists employers letter, aussie telephone contract, bank,mortgage , rental etc etc, have emailed them and they are err rather slow to respond.

Anyone else done this on here and did it go to plan? Not trying to hi jack your thread guys, just getting frustrated cos i cannot leave my bike behind, too much of my life is in it!
Go and read from post #277

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=479975&page=4

You don't need all those points.

I sent them proof of bank details of bank account opened which I did months before (email copy with account number). Then proof of booking of our temporary accomodation (email). Proof of contact with shipping company (email) or quotation if you have one.

So for the Application for a Personally Imported Vehicle form page 2 this is what we supplied (for our car - bike is the same):-
  • Copy of Drivers license
  • Vehicle reg doc for last 12 months
  • Copies of passports - every page
  • Copy of shipping documents (email/quote)
  • Copy of vehicle purchae in our name
  • Statement of international travel
  • Copy of email of Australia accomodation booking
  • Evidence of Australian bank account
It will take about 3 weeks for them to process it and send you a copy. Once you arrive in Oz, you need to contact them again and they will post you 4 x original import certs.

Originally Posted by B1K3R
Hey, that's awesome mate, bet you are very excited!!!

Cheers
B!K3R
Indeed. Going today to order it.

Last edited by Alfresco; Nov 15th 2010 at 6:53 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.