Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motorbike License. QLD

Motorbike License. QLD

Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

HullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the rough
Cool Motorbike License. QLD

Hi

In the UK you can ride a 125cc without holding a full motorcycle license, but you must retake your CBT every two years.

Does anyone know the max cc in Queensland you can ride, or do they not allow you to ride without a full license?

Cheers
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:01 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motorbike License. QLD

a 50cc scooter :P

You can do a Q-ride course in 2 and a half days to get your full license though.

http://www.ridesmart.com.au/courses.htm

Originally Posted by HullyBullys View Post
Hi

In the UK you can ride a 125cc without holding a full motorcycle license, but you must retake your CBT every two years.

Does anyone know the max cc in Queensland you can ride, or do they not allow you to ride without a full license?

Cheers
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

HullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the rough

Thanks merlin.

The reason i ask is i thought i read it is 250cc but i cant find the source of that now, and i thought i would ask someone knowledgeable

cheers
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:42 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Thats for a standard learners, but if you get one of them you have to go out with someone, like a car learners.

Most people just do the Q-ride, 2.5 days and you can jump on an R1, no wander the road toll is so high.

Thanks merlin.

The reason i ask is i thought i read it is 250cc but i cant find the source of that now, and i thought i would ask someone knowledgeable

cheers
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Cheers mate

but what is an R1
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Cheers mate

but what is an R1
A very sexy, stupidly fast, puts a wide grin on your face, Yamaha 1000cc sportsbike that mainly guys ride..except for me as I am a girlie..you may see me posing around the Cairns area in April 2008!!!

Not all R1 riders are idiots either..just the ones that the last poster suggested...those 20 years younger than me and born again riders!!

Good luck with your test.
Liz