British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Motor Mechanic Seeking Sponcership in Brisbane (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/motor-mechanic-seeking-sponcership-brisbane-583652/)

GrahamBrooks Jan 12th 2009 2:55 pm

Motor Mechanic Seeking Sponcership in Brisbane

Hi there,
I am trying to fins sponsorship in Brisbane. I am a fully qualified Motor Mechanic one step away from becoming a master technician.
I have a wealth of experience with Honda and Nissan. I have 1,2 and 3 City and Guilds NVQ qualifications in Car Repair and Maintainance as Honda and ATA qualification in diagnostics and maintainance. I am also a qualified MOT tester.
I am a hard and worker and have a CV available.
I am able to come to OZ asap.

Regards,

Graham

betsyboob Jan 13th 2009 3:55 am

Re: Motor Mechanic Seeking Sponcership in Brisbane

Originally Posted by GrahamBrooks (Post 7156911)
Hi there,
I am trying to fins sponsorship in Brisbane. I am a fully qualified Motor Mechanic one step away from becoming a master technician.
I have a wealth of experience with Honda and Nissan. I have 1,2 and 3 City and Guilds NVQ qualifications in Car Repair and Maintainance as Honda and ATA qualification in diagnostics and maintainance. I am also a qualified MOT tester.
I am a hard and worker and have a CV available.
I am able to come to OZ asap.

Regards,

Graham

Hi Graham,
It might just be your lucky day!
Take a look in the job offers section, there is an agency sponsoring motor mechanics for 457visa's that is how my friend got here.
Goodluck!

collybabe24 Jan 13th 2009 4:59 am

Hi there if you contact [email protected] she will help she is amazing and got my husband his job a year ago, good luck :)

comet555 Jan 13th 2009 8:58 am

I can't help, but I would make sure you spell sponsorship correctly if you're going to mention that in your resume/cv.

Not trying to be picky, but thought it might help :D

collybabe24 Jan 13th 2009 8:20 pm

well if you look properly he does know how to spell it, its just the heading where theres a spelling mistake :p

comet555 Jan 13th 2009 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by collybabe24 (Post 7163663)
well if you look properly he does know how to spell it, its just the heading where theres a spelling mistake :p

Yes, but it's the part that everyone sees first! I did see it is spelt correctly in the message though so Iwas just making sure the OP was aware of it ;)

TheKellys Jan 14th 2009 3:02 am

Hi Graham
You would be better placed if if you could get over here on a PR visa by doing the TRA route.Qualified mechanics are always sought after over here so you would have no trouble getting a job but my experience of people on sponsership is pretty poor.A lot of the major companies that offer 457 visas know that you are tied to them for a period of approx 2 years and will treat you accordingly ( lower rates of pay and not as good treatment )You would find it difficult to find another employer willing to take over the sponsership if you dont get on at the garage that first employed you.Not all organisations are the same , just my own experience .I am in Perth and came over on a PR visa , over 25 years in the trade and didnt enjoy what was on offer in the trade over here so set up on my own and so far doing OK .
Please remember this is my own experience so others may have fared differently but I do feel that putting yourself in a position that others cannot take advantage of is probably the best way to go.Please feel free to pm me if you feel that I may be able to help in any way
Tony