Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motor mechanic licence QLD?

Motor mechanic licence QLD?

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Question Motor mechanic licence QLD?

Hi I am a motor mechanic and I am trying to find out if I will need a licence to work in QLD any advice would be great
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of
Default Re: Motor mechanic licence QLD?

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
Hi I am a motor mechanic and I am trying to find out if I will need a licence to work in QLD any advice would be great

Hi Sean,

According to http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...ic-4211-11.htm you only need certification for New South Wales. There is no legal requirement for licensing or registration as a motor mechanic for the other states/territories.

Cheers,
Paula
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 5:52 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

No ya don't need a lisence.
What you might find some employers ask for is Ozzy recognised qualifications, which is the same as TRA all over again!!!

But, if you can do the job any good employer will suss that out straight away!!

A mate of ours (from Plymouth) who's a Volvo master tech. has got 2 job offers when he lands late in June!

Good luck.

Chopper boy.(I'm not a Pilgrim)!!
On Sonic's login.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Originally Posted by SonicBird
No ya don't need a lisence.
What you might find some employers ask for is Ozzy recognised qualifications, which is the same as TRA all over again!!!
at
But, if you can do the job any good employer will suss that out straight away!!

A mate of ours (from Plymouth) who's a Volvo master tech. has got 2 job offers when he lands late in June!

Good luck.

Chopper boy.(I'm not a Pilgrim)!!
On Sonic's login.
Funny that I live in plymouth and I also have 2 job offers 1 in perth and 1 on the gold coast
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 5:11 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

You dont need a licence, just the qulifications you have from the UK, Im a Volkswagen master tech and have 2 job offers as soon as we can get over there. Just email some garages you will be suprised how many reply to you if you have what they are looking for, Pete
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny that I live in plymouth and I also have 2 job offers 1 in perth and 1 on the gold coast
Nice question Think I might get hubby to find a new job - probably easier in the long run
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:16 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

what's also funny is that you and our mate are going out on the same day - 28th June!! He's going with Royal Brunei to Sydney... you might be on the same flight!!!

Sonic