Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

motor bike licence in Qld

motor bike licence in Qld

Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future
Default motor bike licence in Qld

Hi all

my OH is wanting to take his bike licence and we are hoping to move to Qld Oct- Nov time this year.

should he do it in the UK and is it transferable to his licence in Oz, or should he wait until he gets there.

thanks all

cheryl
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

sigourner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: motor bike licence in Qld

From my understanding you have to resit your test once you are in Australia, I think it is after six months but I could be wrong there. My brother resat his car test and said it wasn't too bad, he didn't think it was as bad as a test would be if you didn't have a license or as bad as the test was that he did in the UK. I've got exactly the same things (both car and bike) to look forward to in the next six months too, oooh the joys!!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
Hi all

my OH is wanting to take his bike licence and we are hoping to move to Qld Oct- Nov time this year.

should he do it in the UK and is it transferable to his licence in Oz, or should he wait until he gets there.

thanks all

cheryl
Hi Cheryl
My OH already had his car and bike licence from the UK and it was a straight swap for a Qld one but he had to remind them it was for both car and bike
Lisa
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

sigourner is on a distinguished road

I wonder if that means it is a state thing, my brother lives in NSW, anyone know?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sigourner
I wonder if that means it is a state thing, my brother lives in NSW, anyone know?
Maybe it is a state thing but when we went to get our qld licence we just filled in the form, showed them UK licence and paid for a 5 yr licence. Had to have photos done as well and that was it new licence handed over straight away. As I said before we did need to remind and insist that it was for both car and bike
Lisa
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sigourner
From my understanding you have to resit your test once you are in Australia, I think it is after six months but I could be wrong there. My brother resat his car test and said it wasn't too bad, he didn't think it was as bad as a test would be if you didn't have a license or as bad as the test was that he did in the UK. I've got exactly the same things (both car and bike) to look forward to in the next six months too, oooh the joys!!
Up until the last couple of years you had to take a test in Qld, though now you can just "trade in" your licence.