Motocross in Oz

Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

draper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nice
Question Motocross in Oz

This is my first post, so please be nice!!

We are hoping to move to WA or SA.
Have a husband and three sons (10, 8 and 4) all into motocross/enduro.
Can anyone help by giving info about where most/best tracks and clubs are for this sport. It's of vital importance to the males in this family when deciding where to settle!!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:41 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Motocross in Oz

Originally posted by draper5

Can anyone help by giving info about where most/best tracks and clubs are for this sport. It's of vital importance to the males in this family when deciding where to settle!!!
Just out from perth....theres shit loads n shit loads n shit loads of bush tracks to ride...for example we did 160 miles in a day off road and spent 10 mins of that on tarmac...if it gives you some idea...you need some maps or a few times out with organized tours before going it alone...you could easy get lost else...there was a organized track near the coast between Rockingham and perth...we didnt go on it though...but you see tracks all over the place to be honest...if you like dirt bike riding you will be in seventh heaven...there is no comparison to riding dirt over here...its what sold the idea of Oz to my Hubby actually...Ive never seen a grin so big for so long...
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:46 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default coupla fotos

fotos
Attached Thumbnails Motocross in Oz-dsc00421.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

draper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nice
Talking

Great. That's just the sort of thing we wanted to hear!!
They'll be chuffed when I tell them. Plus the lifestyle aspect of Perth appeals to me, so hopefully (once we've sorted out hubbies references - bricklayer) we'll be able to post off application!
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

http://www.eatmydirt.com.au/
Moomin member

Default another

in the drink
Attached Thumbnails Motocross in Oz-dsc00443.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:48 pm
Moomin member

and another...just a tster of what its like..you'll love it...!
Attached Thumbnails Motocross in Oz-dsc00441.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:55 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

All I know that there was World championships(?) held in Manjimup when we lived near there.
That is about 300/400 km's south of Perth.

But, there could very well be clubs/races all over the country.
I'll have a look....

Motorcycling Australia WA(MAWA)
Motorcycling South Australia
Both sites haven't been updated for a while....

Motocycle clubs WA
There are 33, of which about 14 in the Perth metropolitan area.

Motorcycle clubs South Australia
46 in SA. Can't tell how many of them in Adelaide, cos I don't know Adelaide suburbs....

Good luck with the decision, it will be hard!
I can't even tell you if Perth or Adelaide is better. I'm choosing Perth cos I know it, and have friends there, but Adelaide seems great too!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:01 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I have some foto's to share as well As usual

My dad and brother at the Manjimup Grand prix(?) in June 1994 (OMG, 10 years ago )
Attached Thumbnails Motocross in Oz-1994_35_0406manji.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks Bordy and Simone
I'll get the lads to have a look at those websites, should keep them amused for a while!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:05 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by Simone82

My dad and brother at the Manjimup Grand prix(?) in June 1994 (OMG, 10 years ago )
Same

And no, my brother is not picking his nose, it just looks like it
Attached Thumbnails Motocross in Oz-1994_36_0406_manji.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:06 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by Simone82

Same again
Attached Thumbnails Motocross in Oz-1994_38_0406_manji.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2004, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

mikenvonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am a no 1 technician for the Subaru World Rally and we also go to Perth once a year for the Australian round of the World Rally Championship.
Good to watch, but even better if you follow it on enduro bikes!!
Many lads from the team stay on after the rally to hire enduro bikes and say its awesome, loads of dirt roads with minimal tarmac sections.
I'm sure the boys would love it
mike
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

gix883 is an unknown quantity at this point

All that dirt im sooooooooooo envyious, over here in uk if i do a day off road on my wr4 most of it is spent on tarmac trying to tie up lanes. 150miles i would guess 50-60 miles would be in dirt if im lucky. But this time of year its mud mud and more mud just negociating ruts and trying to stay onboard, kinda look like bamby on stiltz lol.
I sometimes go to local motox tracks for a little practise but dont compete in motox as my rideing isnt that good and i dont want to be known as an also ran.........
But if i get my visa and end up in Oz i know im going to luv gettin dirty those pics and the program on tv the other night "two wheels downunder" have completley sold me on the idea especially now the uk goverment are trying to stop motorised vehicles useing public rights of way "green lanes"
Good to see there are plenty of dirt fans on this board i can see im gonna have a tuff time keeping off this site.
Well i better get on with my skills application just dont know where to start............lol so much to do ATB....gix....
Old Mar 30th 2004, 4:30 pm
Moomin member

Default off road in oz

GIX,just to wet your apetite even more when peppi arranged our off road trip we went about 1 n half hrs in land from Perth and off main highways tarmac stopped and red roads started.These are main roads from town to town but are made up of iron ore,like riding on ball bearings,peppi hated it,but havin ridin enduros for ten years i was a bit more used to the idea of constant feeling of being on the edge,wot a blast,after two days i started to get the hang of rear wheel stearing.No wonder those Aussies are so damn good!!! i got so excited i nearly wet meself !!!!! So even when you come of a traditional off road section, which is their B roads, youre actually still off roading.We hired a couple off TTR 250,could off done with 400s but believe me the TTRs was enough to give huge

yours peppi's worse half.Basil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.