British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   moto GP at phillip island (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/moto-gp-phillip-island-351334/)

heppy Jan 28th 2006 7:54 am

moto GP at phillip island

is anyone heading for the moto GP at phillip island from perth in september, my hubby and i fancy going ? has anyone been before ? good place to get tickets and accomm ? cheers

banjo Jan 28th 2006 8:35 am

Re: moto GP at phillip island

we aren't going....but we went last year to see the World Superbikes.....BRILLIANT! The circuit is amazing and even though it rained we had a great day. All those on bikes get to bring the bikes right in so they can travel around on them and not walk. The viewing is excellent.

We booked late on so only managed to get into a caravan park in Warragul so can't give much info on accommodation.

Don't forget to go and see the penguins and stuff like that though.

zx10r_aus Jan 28th 2006 8:42 am

Originally Posted by heppy
is anyone heading for the moto GP at phillip island from perth in september, my hubby and i fancy going ? has anyone been before ? good place to get tickets and accomm ? cheers

I attended in 2001 last year of the 2 strokes. Bloody great!! Stayed at a place called Inverlock, about 1/2 hour ride to the track. If you look on a few Aussie motorcycle web sites you'll find people looking for people to join them on the ride over. You should also be able to find good accommodation on these sites too. I'll be heading down this year, from Canberra we'll be trying to find accommodation in the same place. Australian Motorcycle news is also a good magazine for accommodation.

ZX... :cool:

task Jan 28th 2006 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by heppy

Hi me and the bro with junior will be going next year. to much to do this year with the move over.We are heading to Perth so if you fancy next year count us in. task :)

paulf Jan 28th 2006 2:59 pm

oooohh man i would love to be there and go :(

banjo Jan 28th 2006 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by banjo

We booked late on so only managed to get into a caravan park in Warragul so can't give much info on accommodation.

Warragul?! I think I meant Wonthaggi.

Neil S Jan 28th 2006 9:25 pm

We stayed at a place there recently called Otira on Needles Eye. Bit pricey for what it was at $200 a night. Also we weren't too popular as my son accidently killed one of their chickens! :(

The Penguins were the best thing for us, but you will need something warm to wear in September.

banjo Jan 28th 2006 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Neil S
We stayed at a place there recently called Otira on Needles Eye. Bit pricey for what it was at $200 a night. Also we weren't too popular as my son accidently killed one of their chickens! :(

The Penguins were the best thing for us, but you will need something warm to wear in September.

at the risk of hijacking the thread......I have to ask.....how did he accidentally kill a chicken? :confused:

Scotty123 Jan 28th 2006 9:41 pm

Ill be going to Melbourne for the Formula 1.... not a big Moto GP fan :)

Neil S Jan 28th 2006 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by banjo
at the risk of hijacking the thread......I have to ask.....how did he accidentally kill a chicken? :confused:

It pecked him, so in his anger he held it's head for about 10 secs under water in it's drinking bowl, so the poor thing drowned. He says he only wanted to punish it not kill it. My son is an immature 7yo by the way.

We paid the farmer $20 to cover the loss.

dhw210770 Jan 30th 2006 2:54 am

Hi Julie,

My hubby & I will be attending this year. We haven't been before so really looking forward to it. You can purchase tickets online via ticketmaster but they are not on sale yet. They also have a website which is also in connection with the FI in Melbourne. Do a search on google and you will find it. The website will also tell you about accommodation. My advice would be to book early also. There is also camping accommodation available for the whole of the weekend (Thur - Mon).

Regards,

Debs :)

heppy Jan 30th 2006 5:33 am

Originally Posted by dhw210770
Hi Julie,

My hubby & I will be attending this year. We haven't been before so really looking forward to it. You can purchase tickets online via ticketmaster but they are not on sale yet. They also have a website which is also in connection with the FI in Melbourne. Do a search on google and you will find it. The website will also tell you about accommodation. My advice would be to book early also. There is also camping accommodation available for the whole of the weekend (Thur - Mon).

Regards,

Debs :)

hi there, thanks for your advice much appreciated i will look into it... do you know when the tickets go on sale ?? cheers julie