Moths

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

frances is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moths

Has anyone else got Moths flying round in the food cupboard, they are driving me nuts, I remember my neighbour saying to me the one time that we met, about the Moths in the summer, but they weren't there in the Summer they are worse now, is there any way to get rid of the little Darlings Thanks Frances
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moths

Originally Posted by frances
Has anyone else got Moths flying round in the food cupboard, they are driving me nuts, I remember my neighbour saying to me the one time that we met, about the Moths in the summer, but they weren't there in the Summer they are worse now, is there any way to get rid of the little Darlings Thanks Frances
You've got pantry moths, they're very common.

They start off as weevil things in bags of flour or packets of biscuits or sauce mix packets (ie. floury things) and then hatch out into those little moths.

Best thing to do is to go through your cupboards until you find where they're breeding - then chuck whatever it is away and clean your cupboards out. They can burrow through plastic packaging so check sealed packets too.

Alternatively you can buy pantry moth traps that are these sticky baits that they're attracted to.

When you're rid of them, make sure all your dry goods are kept in sealed containers (like tupperware) from now on and you shouldn't have any more problems.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

frances is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moths

Thanks for that,

I think I know where they are coming from, in the Bread crumb packet UUUggghh I used some the other day Yuk, Thanks for the advice Frances