Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mothly budget for 2 persons in Adelaide..

Mothly budget for 2 persons in Adelaide..

Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

arch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mothly budget for 2 persons in Adelaide..

Hi,

Could anyone give me the idea of a monthly budget for 2 persons to live in Adelaide. We are moving from India to Adelaide in May 2010....I am an architect and my hubby is into trading.....need to find a job at first instance....any suggestions?
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Ajay.Venk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mothly budget for 2 persons in VIC- Melboune..

Hey Guys,

Could anyone give me the idea of a monthly budget for 2 persons to live in VIC. Guys....any suggestions pls?

Thanks,
Ajay
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:53 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mothly budget for 2 persons in VIC- Melboune..

Originally Posted by Ajay.Venk
Hey Guys,

Could anyone give me the idea of a monthly budget for 2 persons to live in VIC. Guys....any suggestions pls?

Thanks,
Ajay
$8000

Sorry dont have a pic of string
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
$8000

Sorry dont have a pic of string
Are u serious???? $ 8000 :-(
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:07 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, it could even be up to $10,000 or more depending on which suburb you live in.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Deancm
Yeah, it could even be up to $10,000 or more depending on which suburb you live in.
what is cheap and good suberb for new migrants?
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:17 am
Account Closed

what is cheap and good suberb for new migrants?
Sunshine is more cost effective than other places in Melbourne. Lots of migrants move there.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Deancm
Sunshine is more cost effective than other places in Melbourne. Lots of migrants move there.
hw is traveling from Sunshine to Melbourne? how mean time?. and hw is avg cost for two person to live in Sunshine ?

Thanks in advance,
Ajay
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:24 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Well I halved our monthly spend so not to scare you
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:42 am
ABCDiamond

hw is traveling from Sunshine to Melbourne? how mean time?. and hw is avg cost for two person to live in Sunshine ?

Thanks in advance,
Ajay
I assume you don't mean Sunshine Coast...

I never realised they had Sunshine in Victoria

Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:08 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

McKay purchased the Braybrook Implement Works in 1904 and moved his operations from Ballarat to Braybrook Junction (later named Sunshine) in 1906.
http://museumvictoria.com.au/sunshine/factory.asp

A frugal couple boarding or living in a granny flat or some such arrangement should be able to get by for a while on $2,000 per month using public transport etc.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

They are referring to a suburb called sunshine, and by the way Places like Mildura and Yarrawonga in Victoria have the most sunshine hours per year on average than South East QLD

The answer to the original question, Melbourne is a big place with varied lifestlyles, so it will all depend on how much you are earning, where you live and your lifestyle.... Do you have a job lined up or are you going to end up working as a taxi driver like most guys who come over from India as they cannot get jobs here inj Melbourne!

Before anyone jumps down my throte I am stating the facts and not being racist. I have some very good chats with the Indian guys here in taxis and none of them can get jobs they are qualified for!!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by 29palms
They are referring to a suburb called sunshine, and by the way Places like Mildura and Yarrawonga in Victoria have the most sunshine hours per year on average than South East QLD

The answer to the original question, Melbourne is a big place with varied lifestlyles, so it will all depend on how much you are earning, where you live and your lifestyle.... Do you have a job lined up or are you going to end up working as a taxi driver like most guys who come over from India as they cannot get jobs here inj Melbourne!

Before anyone jumps down my throte I am stating the facts and not being racist. I have some very good chats with the Indian guys here in taxis and none of them can get jobs they are qualified for!!
That's because no one wants to employ Indians...
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mothly budget for 2 persons in Adelaide..

I've merged the two threads as there's obviously some issue as to where you're moving to.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

I don't have job there. we are going to find job there. we both in IT field. U mean all IT Guys from india hv to be taxi drivers in Meloboune?

Are u serious man.??

Originally Posted by 29palms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.